electrical issues on a tj

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electrical issues on a tj

im having some electrical issues lately with my tj. first off my blinker indicator on the dash stays on all the time for the left side blinker. i have a loose connection on the front left blinker light but will this matter for that? it just started doin it tonight so idk. then when i flipped my auxiliary switch for the rear wiper the beep sound that goes off when you leave the headlights on and open the door or leave the keys in started going off the whole way home. that seemed real weird to me. each day its been doin some new weird things so ill update if anything else happens but in the meantime does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?
    Hack Shack Racing #4632 Jeep TJ

check all your grounds. sounds like that loose wire in the front could be the source of the bad ground

Comment

and you think you have electrical problems! haha

im not sure how to fix yours, but good luck.
      "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
      It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

On a lot of newer cars, the indicator will stay on if you have a bulb out as well. Thats something to check. As for the beep with the rear wiper, your on your own, haha....I hate electrical! Maybe a ground?
        2006 Rubicon - high rock bumper, warn 9.5ti, and lots of stockness....for now...

Comment

just get rid of you blinkers and just use the light bar aka THE SUN to signal
          -98 XJ 4.5" lift , 35's, trimmed, locked, geared, flexy
          -14 Subaru STI hatch Stage 2ish
          -54 Dodge Power wagon M-37
          -57 GMC Pickup
          -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

99% of all electrical problems are with the ground.

with that said they are right about if a bulb is out the indicatior staying on, but idk about the beep could be a crossed/nicked/shorted wire sending power to the wrong/more than one things? check wireing to all things involved with your issues
            #becauseJoeNitro

Comment

[QUOTE=JoeNitro;18873] 99% of all electrical problems are with the ground. [QUOTE]

That seems to be a bit of an exaggeration. I call BS
              "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
              It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

Working...
              X