Power steering box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power steering box?

I have been having trouble with my power steering on my 93 piece of shit also known as a 2-dr XJ . It screams like chewbacca taking a dump when it hits certain angles. Ones I can think of are just turning left after straight and a few other angles to the left but nothing to the right at the moment. When turning to the right it makes seemingly normal noises and does not hang up. I just replaced the power steering pump and lines and still have this problem but now there is a random leak every time it hangs up that is probably from the return line going into the reservoir but I cant locate it . I have another steering box sitting in my shed but would just like some input before I swap it out.
    Jeeps don't get stuck ... they just take a nap when they are tired of being awesome
    93 2DR XJ 8" lift D30/D44 4.56's 35" MTRs IRO Y-link Build:http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9658
    Eric

my input would be to have someone turn the wheels side to side while you actually check whats leaking/rubbing. if the hoses on the PS box arent angled right they will run the steering shaft as it turns .
    up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
    eliminator MJ - Sold
    99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
    Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

Working...
    X