can i just put bigger coils in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can i just put bigger coils in?

i was wondering if i would just be able to put a bigger coil in my jeep than i have... i have a 4 inch lift and was wondering if i can jus change the coils... also what would be the cheapest way to get more flex out of the suspension... i currently have jks quicker disconnects in the front... jus wondering if theres anything else i can do... thanks again
    2000 tj sahara 4.0l 5 speed... 4 inch lift with 33s.. jks quicker disconnects...besttop half top
    / l ,[____],
    l---L -OlllllllO-
    ( )_)-()_)-o-)_)

Dont get bigger coils. You want more CRAZY FLEX, get longer bumpstops and longer shocks. keep the lift you have.

Most of Flex is droop, longer shocks will give you that droop.
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

what kind of shocks do you suggest? andy wouldnt longer bumpstops make it travel less?
      2000 tj sahara 4.0l 5 speed... 4 inch lift with 33s.. jks quicker disconnects...besttop half top
      / l ,[____],
      l---L -OlllllllO-
      ( )_)-()_)-o-)_)

Comment

If your tires are mashing into your jeeps body there isn't any more uptravel to squeeze out. Adjust the bumpstops so that the tires stop immediately before hitting anything.

As for shocks, bilsteins are always a good investment. Rubicon Express monotubes are also pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by fullwidthxj191 View Post
          If your tires are mashing into your jeeps body there isn't any more uptravel to squeeze out. Adjust the bumpstops so that the tires stop immediately before hitting anything.

As for shocks, bilsteins are always a good investment. Rubicon Express monotubes are also pretty good.
          x2 on everything here.

Bumpstops limit UPWARD travel, you clearly want more flex, so limit the upward travel a bit and get more DROOP which is DOWNWARD TRAVEL.
          sigpic
          Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Thanks guys... I'd deff be lost without this site!
            / l ,[____],
            l---L -OlllllllO-
            ( )_)-()_)-o-)_)

Comment

that's one small step for man....

Comment

Working...
              X