Tranny issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tranny issue

Just wondering if anyone has had this problem and what they did to fix it..My GF's 98 cherokee is not shifting back down into 1st when it comes to a stop..But it will shift normally when shifted manualy.. I know for a fact the neutral saftey switch is bad..I have like 3 codes for that right now and its grounded so the Jeep can start..So I'm thinking either that switch is really on its way out or the tranny has a bad selenoid..Any insight from anyone would be appreciated thanks.
    98 Cherokee, D30/8.25 w/4.56s locked F/R -- 3 link front IRO springs rear with shackle relocation, one ton steering w/heims, hybrid cage under contruction, 33'' KM2's

What are the codes?

Comment

PO705 and 1698, I got the ame codes in my 99 when the NSS got filled with water.
      98 Cherokee, D30/8.25 w/4.56s locked F/R -- 3 link front IRO springs rear with shackle relocation, one ton steering w/heims, hybrid cage under contruction, 33'' KM2's

Comment

sounds like a bad solenoid if you can shift it manually
        1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
        2001 wj tbd
        1974 5 ton

Comment

Replace or Rebuild the NSS and clear the codes. That might fix your problem.

Comment

not to be captain obvious

but adjust the kickdown cable

i have had them slip on me and cause the same issue
            www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

You could check solenoid resistance at the tcm if you have something to show pin location like a repair manual. It is right under the dash on the driver's side of the center console.
              pork chop sandwiches

Comment

Working...
              X