Front end Popping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front end Popping

The other day my front end started to make like a popping noise. When ever i turn the wheels, at this one point around straight, i can hear a pop/clunk.

So i had my bro turn the wheel while i watched the front end, and it looks like when it pops, the front end shifts to that side. My bro said it might be bushings, is this a common solution? If so what bushings should i be checking? i have brand new trackbar bushings in.

And this is on a d30
    God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

check the unibody around ur steering box and track bar for cracking
    95 xj JY 3" 35" truxus mt's

Comment

track bar
      Originally posted by Ktmracer419
      some people choose video games
      some choose projects
      some choose welding random things together

Comment

if you can watch the front end move

you should be able to watch the component that moves
        www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Sounds exactly like a track bar issue.

Either the frame side mount is loose, or one of the bolts is wallowed out.

Comment

track bar. mine does it too

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

I also say trackbar.... mine too
              Shane "The Bag" Carlson

2.5L TJ, 5-speed, frankenlift, and stuff.
              My "Bucket" Build
              MilitaryJeepers.com
              ‚——P--;===±--= <-
              !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Comment

the axle side mount bolt was a bit loose, so i tightened the bolt and i isn't AS bad. i know the frame side mount isn't loose, because i had to hammer it in with a bfh. I'll take the trackbar out this weekend and hopefully it's obvious

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Originally posted by gobigorgohome View Post
                  the axle side mount bolt was a bit loose, so i tightened the bolt and i isn't AS bad. i know the frame side mount isn't loose, because i had to hammer it in with a bfh. I'll take the trackbar out this weekend and hopefully it's obvious
                  chances are since it was loose it ovaled itself out. check it out.

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Originally posted by gobigorgohome View Post
                    Make sure the bolts that attach the mount itself are tight. They are infamous for coming loose no matter what the fuck you do to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Even View Post
                      Make sure the bolts that attach the mount itself are tight. They are infamous for coming loose no matter what the fuck you do to them.
                      The drop bracket is tacked on-to the unibody

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Axle-side trackbar mount, mine has been liek that since the day i got it
                        dirty30

Comment

Originally posted by Hydra View Post
                          Axle-side trackbar mount, mine has been liek that since the day i got it
                          If the hole is wallowed out, what would be the easiest way to fix it?

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

depends, if its the outside oen could just weld a new plate there and drill it out, or weld around the whole to fill it a bit then redrill, or if you have the adjustment in your t-bar redrill the hole passenger about an inch.

if the backside is wallowed, like mine, there isnt much i thought of, short of cut the moutn off and welding a whole new one on
                            dirty30

Comment

Working...
                            X