Rock sliders??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock sliders??

Has anyone cut out their rockers and replaced them with square steel tubing?
    I picked up a piece of 4x2 box tubing over at Logan Steel the other day. Now i was just wondering is there a right or wrong way? Any advice from you expert jeepers would be greatly appreciated...
    DONT GET MAD GET ROWDY !!!

I'm far from an expert jeeper but I did take a look at a lot of designs and photos on the NAXJA forum and from what I could find here. This is what I am planning to do. Looks like all the materials are in my old man's garage and waiting for me to get started - rockers have been cut out.

Comments/criticism welcomed.

Comment

do you plan on putting end caps on the tubing?? I like that design thanks

Comment

That looks pretty good if you ask me
        Shane "The Bag" Carlson

2.5L TJ, 5-speed, frankenlift, and stuff.
        My "Bucket" Build
        MilitaryJeepers.com
        ‚——P--;===±--= <-
        !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Comment

End caps for sure - although there is a thought now of using 2x6 cheannel instead of tubing (we have free channel and would have to buy tubing) - open end down of course. Pitfalls?

Comment

eric did it on jeepforum came out sick tied it in with the frame and trimmed the bottom of the doors for it to fit
            98 XJ 4.5 32inch cooper STT DC-1 black KC daylighters 4.10s

Its not just a jeep.

Comment

Originally posted by treadlightly5337 View Post
              eric did it on jeepforum came out sick tied it in with the frame and trimmed the bottom of the doors for it to fit
              That is by far one of the sweetest projects I've ever seen.
              2000 XJ
              2000 A.C.E. 750

Comment

I trimmed just below the lip of the door sill. Mainly because that's where I had good metal and no rust. I won't have to trim the bottom of my doors, thankfully.

Comment

just waiting to get some warm weather. No garage means no progress.. My doors are good to go like yours Dogman. Id like to see other fab jobs on the internet before i start hacking away....

Comment

i was just at logans today, hoping to find some 2x6 in the bargain shed, no luck, when i do mine im leaving the ends open, so i can just shoot the hose in there to clear it out, otherwise the same thingll happened that happened with the stockers, no where for water and shit to go= rust through
                    dirty30

Comment

Working...
                    X