DEATH WOBBLE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEATH WOBBLE

My currie steering is in and my new jks track bar and i still have death wobble not as bad but i have it. Could it be because i have a stock pitmin arm ? the ball joints got done before i purchased the jeep any ideas ? i dont like this death wobble stuff lol

http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthr...?p=911#post911

Comment

Everything is good that is says to check in the post. Im still wondering it its cause i have stock uper control arms and lower control arms for a 4.5 in lift when im running 6 inches of lift. After the long arm kit is in if i still have death wobble im might just give up.

Comment

Time for long arms MAYBE?
        sigpic
        Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by jeepinjosh View Post
          Everything is good that is says to check in the post. Im still wondering it its cause i have stock uper control arms and lower control arms for a 4.5 in lift when im running 6 inches of lift. After the long arm kit is in if i still have death wobble im might just give up.
          why so much lift? i bet your angles hate life
          1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
          2001 wj tbd
          1974 5 ton

Comment

Originally posted by raze1287 View Post
            why so much lift? i bet your angles hate life
            moar flex

duhrrrr
            www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

oh i knew i had it wrong with flat leafs
              1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
              2001 wj tbd
              1974 5 ton

Comment

Yes they hate life. Long arm in the process of being purchased. I wanted this much lift.
                I only have vibs when i start to drive till about 10 mph than it stops all i have is a t case drop.

Comment

I only have vibs when i start to drive till about 10 mph than it stops all i have is a t case drop.
                  Sounds like you do not have death wobble.
                  99 Dub Ya Jay

My Adventures Thread
                  http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15148

Comment

that is awful
                    www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

That is NOT death wobble. Death Wobble is where you straight think your front axle is going to separate from the front end on your rig. (Not an exaggeration) and it hits randomly at any speed or after a good bump. I'd be willing to bet it has something to do with your driveline angles. I would have kept it a little lower. 4.5" tops. But to each his own. Good luck
                      Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
                      didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
                      Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
                      he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
                      Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
                      i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

got mud tires with knobby tread on edges ? you can feel some tar's at low speed. I felt TSL's lug slapping the pavement at low speeds
                        up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
                        eliminator MJ - Sold
                        99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
                        Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

first anything your jeep does under ten mph is not death wobble at all.

an second 6 inch lift on stock arms = your suspension wanting to commit suicide.
                          sence your on stock upper arms your driveline agles are probally all out of wack an makein shit vibrate.
                          97 zj- frankenstein 3.5", 35 stt's.

92 240sx- coilovers,full adj arms bla bla bla. 50trim t3/t04 soon

xj- need one

Comment

i know thats not deathe wobble i was telling raze whats it like after he asked about the angles. the axle is pulled back from the stock control arms pretty bad im the long arm kit will fix that i hope it will also stop the death wobble i hit bumps jeep shakes violently but its strange not always.

Comment

put the longarm kit in and adjust as necessary, im sure itll be much better and easier to fine tune after that. im putting mine in tomorrow
                              Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

Working...
                              X