Abrasives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abrasives

Does anyone use any cut-off wheels other then the ones you get at home depot?

im getting tired of going through a disk every 3 min.

been looking at ones from ABCO, they are a little pricey but if they last, then they are worth it.

lookin at these. Edit: this is for 4 1/2" angle grinder
    Last edited by grundlepunch; 03-17-2010, 09:37 AM.
    "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

dewalt makes a better wheel

you can get them at lowes

i prefer forney. they are a dolla 39 at my local hardware store and outlast the dolla 99 home depot ones
    www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Dewault cutting wheels are the shit. 2$ a wheel at tractor suplply. Highly recommended

Comment

I use ABCO stuff but get it at a discount...

Comment

also use dewalt, they last awhile and are pretty cheap...
          -Jason
          99WJ 4.0
          IRO 3", SYE, D30 aussie/8.8 aussie, 4.10s, 33's, skids/bumpers

Comment

I use standard old Norton wheels and I cut tons of stainless with them. They last a while if you cut with straight and don't twist them in the cut.

Comment

We have Sait at work http://www.unitedabrasives.com/index.html , the grinding wheels last forever and we have .045 cutting wheels also that are nice.

And while we are on the subject I have a Metabo 6" grinder at work and it is sick , http://www.metabo-anglegrinders.com/...h.23018.0.html . They are pricey but I really don't think there is anything better out there. I have 2 Dewalt 11 amps at home.
              1950 Willys Trail Rig
              2007.5 Dodge 2500 QCSB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 4x4

Comment

i use the norton wheels as well, had no problems with em
                "Life's tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." John Wayne

88 Jeep Comanche 4.0/AW-4/NP231/D30/D35
                95 Chevy K1500 ext. cab 350/4L60E/NP208
                91 GMC Sonoma 2wd 4.3/700R4 (gotta have something that gets good gas mileage!)

Comment

thanks guys
                  "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Originally posted by CSaddict View Post
                    I use standard old Norton wheels and I cut tons of stainless with them. They last a while if you cut with straight and don't twist them in the cut.
                    tymes tu

not only do they quickly reduce themselves to nothing ive had a few explode on me at 12000 rpms, my fault of course
                    dirty30

Comment

Working...
                    X