No announcement yet.

I found FUN under my jeep today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol, if you wanna find me some for like, $200 I'm down, but I'll have toput a pic later today, and get y'all suggestions
    dirty30

Comment

the "dont spend money on a d30" theory is not very useful when you plan to run a d30 on your setup regardless...

when i tore off my LCA mount on the axle, i bought a new stronger mount from currie and had it welded in. prob what i would do in this case too...it isnt expensive and if you have a welder (as you do) it seems like a no brainer to me
      - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
      or am asians pants not a read end lol.
      Originally posted by DizzDizz
      aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
        the "dont spend money on a d30" theory is not very useful when you plan to run a d30 on your setup regardless...

when i tore off my LCA mount on the axle, i bought a new stronger mount from currie and had it welded in. prob what i would do in this case too...it isnt expensive and if you have a welder (as you do) it seems like a no brainer to me
        well... i dont have a welder cuz mine esploded last fall, but i plan on buying one with my pops in the next few weeks
        dirty30

Comment

Originally posted by Hydra View Post
          well... i dont have a welder cuz mine esploded last fall, but i plan on buying one with my pops in the next few weeks
          The plot thickens
          - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
          or am asians pants not a read end lol.
          Originally posted by DizzDizz
          aliens probed my husband

Comment

All i did was buy a currie jj for my driver side because with the rubber in there it would wander all around and was not fun. The only thing wrong with it is that it leans to the passenger side a little when parked but that doesn't matter to me.

Comment

Originally posted by crosbike View Post
              All i did was buy a currie jj for my driver side because with the rubber in there it would wander all around and was not fun. The only thing wrong with it is that it leans to the passenger side a little when parked but that doesn't matter to me.
              this would be oddly convenient seeing as my rig currently leans to driver a bit...

btu i think im gonna try and source a new mount through RE, like the one they sell with their bracketry kit, but i cant find it
              dirty30

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post

i bought and welded clayton lca mounts on mine, to prevent myself from having to deal with broken ones farther down the road. I plan on running 35's for a while on this rig, therefore i've decided that it is worth it to put money into it. If its something you plan on using and fits your needs its worth it.

As for this claim about not being able to get your money back.... i've put about 500 bucks into my dana 30; 4.56 gears, 297 shafts, 760 u-joints, diff cover, axle brackets, wonton reemed knuckles, i'm pretty sure if i decided to run a different front set-up i could get 600 bucks for it.....
                No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Originally posted by Hydra View Post
                  this would be oddly convenient seeing as my rig currently leans to driver a bit...

btu i think im gonna try and source a new mount through RE, like the one they sell with their bracketry kit, but i cant find it
                  go through clayton or tnt or someone else for bracketry, i ordered shit from RE over a month ago, i am calling weekly now and being told its shipping tommorrow.
                  In fact, i called them monday, ohh sir we apologize for the issues we will ship it tuesday afternoon or wednesday the latest..... guess what still hasn't shipped yet. It's been that story for the past 3 weeks with them.

Once these come, it will be the last thing i ever order from RE.

ForSure Motorsports
                  Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

clayton has nice lower brackets but i'm not a fan of their upper passenger side, between 1 or both tnt or claytons you can get good mounts and be done with it

Comment

rockkrawler makes sick upper mounts too.

ForSure Motorsports
                      Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

Working...
                      X