balancing tires with beads??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have used copper bb's and airsoft

i have heard of people using golf balls, but im not sure how i feel about that
    www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

wow i already posted in this thread
      www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Im running Airsoft bb's in two of my 36"s. about 12oz. i think. I agree with all the pros ive heard in this thread and will always balance my tires this way from now on. I would NOT however, use antifreeze. As thats the dumbest thing i think ive ever heard. Im sure guys do do it, but to me it sounds messy, unnecessary, and like it would pollute the hell outta the trail when you slice open a sidewall.
        "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
        It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

So doing this in conjunction with wheel weights should work nicely?
          Shane "The Bag" Carlson

2.5L TJ, 5-speed, frankenlift, and stuff.
          My "Bucket" Build
          MilitaryJeepers.com
          ‚——P--;===±--= <-
          !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Comment

i cant see why it wouldnt, but in all honesty, i would do what i did, lose the original weights and go to bbs, that is, unless your in need of a stupid amount of weight to keep them balanced.

I am not an athority on the subject tho, so sorry. maybe someone else will post up.
            "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
            It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

Originally posted by bucketokarma View Post
              So doing this in conjunction with wheel weights should work nicely?
              I wouldn't even bother with the clip on weights to be honest with you. The whole purpose behind doing the bb's is so you dont need to worry about losing a steel weight on the trail. The bb's are supposed to work so good as is that the steel weights shouldn't be necesary.
              2006 Rubicon - high rock bumper, warn 9.5ti, and lots of stockness....for now...

Comment

I had them in two of my tires 36in tsls and they worked out great. i used 10oz of ceramic air soft bbs

Comment

ran 10oz of bb's in each of my 36 bias tsl's, worked fine for me, for 2 years...and in a set of 35 thornturds
                  87 toy: SAS, detroit, 5 speed swap, 36 TSLs, glass fenders, tons of homemade goodies...scrapped
                  94 toy: ex cab, 3.slow, bumpers, detroit, 33s, DD
                  88 Zuki: buick 3.8, th350, linkin it with toy axles, duals, tubified...watch for a build

Lead Foot Fab....keep an out for it...

Comment

yea i have about 10-11oz in my 35s. works great. just regular yellow airsoft BBs.

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Working...
                    X