Krustys steering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krustys steering

My buddys got a rustys steering setup hes looking to get rid of.. It needs new heims but otherwise is good to go.. I know its s Krustys product but whats it worth... this is only the steering no trac bar I've got a RE double shear sitting in the garage... just need some input on this and wheather its worth it or not..
    89XJ Pioneer Edition 3.5" 33s ravines 4:10s 8.8- parted but not forgotten
    95XJ tons 3 link 36s 5:38s
    97 F-250HD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
    If Parts Ain't Flyin' you Ain't Tryin'

"Shut up and Wheel"

i bought one used, still running it unfortunately, id honestly prefer to have bought a used stock steering rather than run the rustys i am now, a terribly designed product...
    dirty30

Comment

Really so would I be better off just going with a V8 ZJ tie rod... also thinking about doing the flip on the driverside with one of the inserts for some clearence

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

i honestly hate my rustys steering, the only reason i bought it was cuz i pretzeled my old stock stuff, it would be worth it to grab the ZJ tie rod for now and wait for a decent upgrade.
        dirty30

Comment

I'm gunna see how much this kid wants for the krustys setup if its next to nothing Ill probably grab it if he wants alot Ill go V8 ZJ

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

i wouldnt run it. i have seen just as many rustys steering failures as stock steering failures.
            www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

he just texted me back he said $125 but it could use new heims... hmmm what to do

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

not buy it
                1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                2001 wj tbd
                1974 5 ton

Comment

lmaoo this is definatly turning me away from it prob better off with a v8 zj setup anyone have experience with just fliping the driver side otk

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

definately not buy it. that is a ripoff
                    www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Cletus View Post
                      not buy it
                      exactly, the only reason i tolerate it is because im waiting on better steering, and until then i dont drive the jeep on the road often
                      dirty30

Comment

Originally posted by WAD357 View Post
                        he just texted me back he said $125 but it could use new heims... hmmm what to do
                        That price is a fawking joke.

Dillon (Hydra) is running my old Rusty's steering that I sold him. He can correct me if I'm wrong but I think I gave it to him for like 60 bucks.

It's a garbage product, I will never again come in contact with such a disgrace of cobbled together shit.

Comment

i wouldnt run a v8 zj one either....

i had to swap mine out coming back from rausch because the stupid threaded sleave thing gave up on life and that got all bent....
                          Originally posted by Ktmracer419
                          some people choose video games
                          some choose projects
                          some choose welding random things together

Comment

Slide a piece of poopy pipe over stock tie rod and BAM 5/8 ton steering!

Comment

Originally posted by Even View Post
                              That price is a fawking joke.

Dillon (Hydra) is running my old Rusty's steering that I sold him. He can correct me if I'm wrong but I think I gave it to him for like 60 bucks.

It's a garbage product, I will never again come in contact with such a disgrace of cobbled together shit.
                              The man speaks the truth
                              dirty30

Comment

Working...
                              X