what to do , what to do...opinions..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what to do , what to do...opinions..

i have done nothing for the last 2 weeks but decide on my next setup...what would you guys do:

1) save money on lift/shocks/longarms and just trim to fit 33x10.5s and upgrade drivetrain parts ( D30 u joint conversion/ start working on an 8.8 w/4.10s or 44a trussed with 4.10s)

2) bump up alittle in lift (4.5" clayton coils) IRO HCLA's, 33x10.5s prob trim fenders a tad no upgraded drivetrain parts...

i want to run long arms and 33's but dont know which route to take...i also have a D35 outback which will more than likely hold up to 33's the way i wheel but it'd be nice to have more confidence in an axle..

my current problem when wheeling is ground clearance with my WJ which is leading me towards alittle more lift...i debated the 4.5 or 6.5 but 6.5 will look doofy as hell with the tires i want i think..

i could also sell some of my current parts ie. coils/shocks/tires...

what do you guys think?

heres a pic to show how much clearance i have now:

-Jason
    99WJ 4.0
    IRO 3", SYE, D30 aussie/8.8 aussie, 4.10s, 33's, skids/bumpers

option 1 deff. imo i rather have someting that i know is strong an i can beat on. for the few times that you do hit cuz of the low lift you will glad that its only that, now if you are stuck an decide to hammer it an brake your axle that would be a much worse situation than just tagin your rockers or somethin. plus i like the look of the low lift an 4.10s will be really nice too.
    97 zj- frankenstein 3.5", 35 stt's.

92 240sx- coilovers,full adj arms bla bla bla. 50trim t3/t04 soon

xj- need one

Comment

Originally posted by 003brian View Post
      option 1 deff. imo i rather have someting that i know is strong an i can beat on. for the few times that you do hit cuz of the low lift you will glad that its only that, now if you are stuck an decide to hammer it an brake your axle that would be a much worse situation than just tagin your rockers or somethin. plus i like the look of the low lift an 4.10s will be really nice too.
      good point...its not so much the rockers, last time at rausch i got high centered like 3 times...

i bought a 2" bb to throw on my 3" coils for 100$ but i might sell it and buy these used 5.5" coils some guys selling now...

cheapest route would be to chop and sell my tires and get 33's definitely...
      -Jason
      99WJ 4.0

Comment

i'd do an 8.8 out back, sooo i'm gonna go with option 1

Comment

you guys are probably right heres a pic i just did...i think i could fit 33's:
          -Jason
          99WJ 4.0

Comment

option 1, yo
            - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
            or am asians pants not a read end lol.
            Originally posted by DizzDizz
            aliens probed my husband

Comment

alright guys, ive been reading all the LCOG jeep threads on JF and its making me want to just trim...
              -Jason
              99WJ 4.0

Comment

yea deff, the front is what really matters if it rubs. an going from 31s to 33s is only an inch bigger in radius so technically they are only going to be an inch closer to the fender. so if you cut out an inch of your hole fender it will rub the same amount as it does now. an it looks like your doing roughly two inches in the front so you should be fine. but there is always other things that can come into play like rubbing at full lock but you could get some wheel spacers if that does happen but is really unlikely cuz ther only 10.5 wide
                97 zj- frankenstein 3.5", 35 stt's.

92 240sx- coilovers,full adj arms bla bla bla. 50trim t3/t04 soon

xj- need one

Comment

That's a nice looking rig!
                  HOONIGAN FOR LIFE
                  OLD 4X4'S NEVER DIE!!!!!

Comment

What you should do is drop everything and give me that rig cause it's the fucking nicest Grand Cherokee I've seen in a long time.
                    sigpic
                    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                      What you should do is drop everything and give me that rig cause it's the fucking nicest Grand Cherokee I've seen in a long time.
                      haha almost sold it last august, despite its annoying problems i would have probably regretted it...
                      -Jason
                      99WJ 4.0

Comment

opinion 1, breaking a semi floating rear axle shaft on the trail sucks pretty bad
                        1950 Willys Trail Rig
                        2007.5 Dodge 2500 QCSB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 4x4

Comment

told you.

Comment

if you trim, make it look good. I dont see to many lifted GC's (only wheeled with 1) and yours looks nice
                            up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
                            eliminator MJ - Sold
                            99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
                            Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

ill be doing something like this:

basically getting rid of the first 2 inches of the fender and following the seam all the way around and using that fancy door trim stuff..
                              -Jason
                              99WJ 4.0

Comment

Working...
                              X