Pedal Goes to Floor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedal Goes to Floor

So after driving all around the state of Connecticut I finally made it up to my school in Massachusetts. As soon as I pulled into my parking spot my brake pedal went to the floor. I looked underneath the Comanche in the parking spot and saw no spots in the snow from brake fluid leaking near a line. Though I couldn't really get under it too well, plus I am ill equiped to get under it and find and resolve the issue. Any ideas as to what could have broke in my Jeep?
    Ryan
    2013 Wrangler

MC or brakeline....

Comment

you def popped a line somewhere.

Comment

Yeah I'm thinking it's a front brake line, because I pumped the pedal a couple times to see if i could find any fluid on the ground, which I didn't. However the front portion of the reservoir is just about empty now, but it wasn't before.

Ryan
        2013 Wrangler

Comment

Any ballpark idea on how much brake line replacement costs at a repair shop?
          Ryan
          2013 Wrangler

Comment

oooohhh...broken brake lines...in a ford taurus = not fun
            mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
            2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
            and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

and what line broke ryan? brake lines are easy.

Comment

Originally posted by FireFighter32 View Post
                Any ballpark idea on how much brake line replacement costs at a repair shop?
                Had the same thing happen on the WJ last summer. Was a brake line. Wasn't too much $ to fix.
                99 Dub Ya Jay

My Adventures Thread
                http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15148

Comment

Actually I'm thinking it's the rear line, or something to do with the rear brakes. The front half of the reservoir was just about empty, so it's gotta be something with the rears. Unfortunetly. I really don't want to have to dish out money to fix something in the rear, since I plan to swap in a new axle sooner than later.
                  Ryan
                  2013 Wrangler

Comment

silly question...... did you ever replace those front bearings???
                    Originally posted by Ktmracer419
                    some people choose video games
                    some choose projects
                    some choose welding random things together

Comment

I bought the front bearing. Still have yet to put it in. My guy at the repair shop said if he has to do anything with the front he will just throw it in for me.
                      Ryan
                      2013 Wrangler

Comment

welll..... you prolly did blow a break line.....

BUT... wheel bearings can be the problem also....
                        your caliper might not be able to compress on the rotor causing no brakes.
                        Originally posted by Ktmracer419
                        some people choose video games
                        some choose projects
                        some choose welding random things together

Comment

Originally posted by FireFighter32 View Post
                          Actually I'm thinking it's the rear line, or something to do with the rear brakes. The front half of the reservoir was just about empty, so it's gotta be something with the rears. Unfortunetly. I really don't want to have to dish out money to fix something in the rear, since I plan to swap in a new axle sooner than later.
                          front half is for the front brakes, so its a front line.

Comment

I've heard the master cylinder can spring a leak into the break booster, where the fluid magically disappears but is really burnt off into the engine, check the gasket between the MC and brake booster
                            2002 TJ Sport 3" AEV coils with OME LTs

Comment

I thought the smaller part (front) of the reservoir was the rear
                              Ryan
                              2013 Wrangler

Comment

Working...
                              X