School me on external fuel pumps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School me on external fuel pumps

What is needed to regulate fuel pressure, what specs do I need to regulate to? Any recommendations on pumps? Someone point me in the right direction.

all modern electric fuel pumps push out more than enough fuel pressure. your fp regulator is located on the fuel rail.
    www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

ay corey.. just throwing this out there... but it would prolly be ALOT cheaper to maybe go down to smiths and grab a tank from a newer cherokee or something. this way its mad cheap, and youll be able to get a new fuel pump if it ever goes bad.
      Originally posted by Ktmracer419
      some people choose video games
      some choose projects
      some choose welding random things together

Comment

Yea but I want a tank that fits in under my box nicely. Found one on ebay that would work nicely, it ends in 7 days. Maybe I'll throw a bid on it.

Am i understanding this right that if I have a pump and run the return line back to the tank no matter what I pretty much can't go wrong, the system regulates itself?

Comment

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=1400505

This one should work, it's only 56 bucks too. Might just order that and throw a 5 gallon plastic tank in the bed for the weekend until I can get the right fuel cell.

Comment

damn.. thats pretty freakin cheap..
            i found a 12 and 16 gallon fuel cell... but prolly not the size your lookin for if ya want it tucked under your toolbox...
            some choose projects

Comment

The one I found was 17 so yea that's size range. Ideally something 7" tall.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...0447&viewitem=

Comment

Really i'd be happy with a 10 gallon cell

Comment

http://newlondon.craigslist.org/pts/1033883986.html

make that guy an offer
                  some choose projects

Comment

Fuel pumps put out a constant pressure and whats not used go backs to the tank through the recirc line. Thats how I always thought they worked. Someone tell me if I'm wrong
                    I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Bought one. Just a fyi for anyone that is ever considering an external pump and a cell, a 1989 ford f150 4.9 liter fuel pump is a good donor. Airtex makes a pump and it's model number is e2000. From there you can get a cheaper one that cross references depending on which store you are at. Should be in the 70-100 dollar range. Pump works great.

Comment

Originally posted by DrThunder View Post
                        Bought one. Just a fyi for anyone that is ever considering an external pump and a cell, a 1989 ford f150 4.9 liter fuel pump is a good donor. Airtex makes a pump and it's model number is e2000. From there you can get a cheaper one that cross references depending on which store you are at. Should be in the 70-100 dollar range. Pump works great.
                        i run a pump like that in my big jeep. it is for a late 80s ford w/ factory dual tanks. 3/8" barbed inlet 5/16" outlet
                        1950 Willys Trail Rig
                        2007.5 Dodge 2500 QCSB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 4x4

Comment

Working...
                        X