tracker options.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tracker options.

ok, so i decided on two options for the axles on the tracker.

option 1) samurai axles. spring over conversion with yj leafs all around. samurai transfer case (has lower gearing). 5.13s. tougher to find parts.

option 2) dana 44s front and rear on yj leafs. spring over. spooled rear, aussie or powertrax up front. custom driveshafts. 5.38s most likely. samurai transfer case. this is going to be the more technical option. and I can have these axles in my hands tomorrow if i want them. also parts for these axles are much easier to come by.

option 3) toyota truck axles. yj leafs, dif gears blah blah.

let me now what you guys think and if you have any other opinions.
    Last edited by CumminsJeep; 02-23-2009, 05:04 PM.

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

i say go 44s, especially if u can have them by tmrw

Comment

44's f/r for the aftermarket support

Comment

Originally posted by fullwidthxj191 View Post
        44's f/r for the aftermarket support
        thats my biggest factor right now..thanks

Comment

yea and you can get them for 300 bucks. you ass. but than your gonna have to pay for gears
          P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
          2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
          OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

i would have to pay for gears in the sami axles too cause samurais used a lower geared t case while using higher axle gears(3.73). while the tracker uses a higher t case and lower axle gears (5.13)

Comment

yota axles?
              "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

thought about it, again, hard to find. the only thing i really found was a whole truck and i dont need that. but thats still in the back of my mind. in fact, ill make the option 3.

Comment

I have a set of narrow track D30/44 outta a 73' cj-5 that could use a good home. I was gonna use them, but not anytime soon. So if you think you would use them...
                  "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
                  It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

price on said 30/44? my only problem with that is the 30 cause i dont think it can take any higher than 4.88s....someone prove me wrong please cause i prob am

Comment

I don't think a 30 can take anything higher than 4.88
                      2000 XJ
                      2000 A.C.E. 750

Comment

We just pulled the axles on my dads sammy axles to weld the SPOA perches, if you don't plan on going greater than 33's go with the samurai axles, they're light, easy to work on, and you can use the tracker/sidekick 3rd members if you buy the right shims.
                        dirty30

Comment

Honestly, I wouldnt know what to ask for as a fair price. I dont wanna give them away, because they could be useful to me down the line. But im buying parts for the TJ at the moment so if the price is right, I could definatly use the money. But Im not gonna try and rob you either.

Ill be honest, they are kinda rusty, and need to be cleaned up and repainted. I'll do that for you if you decide you want them. will most likely need new seals. they dont leak yet, but i cant imagine that they wont, as they are probably the original seals outta the 73'

There are drum brakes front and rear, and the front has warn hubs. leaf spring pads and1310 yokes (Im almost positive) Tie rod and drag link are still on the front. Comes with rims and tires (~30") if you'd like.

Let me know. If these sound like something you want, just shoot me a price. It wouldnt have to be much I dont think.
                          "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
                          It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

i say get whatever is cheap. no reason not to run 4.88s bc you can get 6:1 crawler gears.

Comment

i will let you know fred thanks a lot. and adam i def understand what you're saying. but the samurai comes with 3.73s and the 44s are 3.55 i think. so if i re gear i might as well go lower and save some money by not getting 6:1 gears. but that was def an option considered

Comment

Working...
                              X