Coolant in the Oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolant in the Oil

Not sure how i should approach this problem. A mechanic confirmed that the coolant was going into the oil. To give you an idea of how faster. In 24 hrs a full overflow container gone plus the amount in the radiator, basically dry. Any ideas??
    4x4 Station Wagon...

Is this in your TJ?

Some intake manifolds gaskets will leak coolant into your engine oil but I'm pretty sure the Jeep straight 6 will not.
    Sometimes it's a head gasket but they usually don't leak coolant into your oil,
    Worst case a cracked block or head.

But that is a lot of coolant is it all going into your oil?

Get a coolant pump and try to figure out where it is leaking from.
    If you cannot find any external leaks start taking it apart.
    RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
    www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
    Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

yea its in my TJ with the 2.5L
      4x4 Station Wagon...

Comment

so i just finished talking with the mechanic. He thinks Im going to need a new head and a gasket kit.
        4x4 Station Wagon...

Comment

to bad its not a 4.0 i have a head and gasket, intake mani gasket, lifters and push rods for sale

Comment

yea that does suck... does anyone know where to look to buy these parts. I've looked around a for a while and cant seem to find what im looking for
            4x4 Station Wagon...

Comment

head gasket kit? napa, autozone, oriellys, levines
              1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
              2001 wj tbd
              1974 5 ton

Comment

jasper?

Comment

sorry i should"ve read further into it... I'd say napa for the gaskets

Comment

If you have been driving it and still are, im sure the bearings are wiped or will be shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by CSaddict View Post
                      If you have been driving it and still are, im sure the bearings are wiped or will be shortly.
                      DON'T FUCKING START IT!!!!!
                      I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

time for a rebuild or new engine antifreeze (glycol) ruins an engine cause it resists oil causing no bearing lubing causing hot spots and spinning your bearings

Comment

Get rid of good running 4.0 xj to buy a 2.5 TJ with a blown headgasket. Makes sense. O and I saw your old XJ the other day in Southington.
                          -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

well actually the Xj needed alot of work apparently, The guy who bought put like 750 into a week after i sold it because it wasnt running, not sure what it was.
                            4x4 Station Wagon...

Comment

I seen your old xj for sale on craigslist

Comment

Working...
                              X