Ride quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ride quality

im thinking about switching over to rubicon express coils and possibly leafs too for my xj as opposed to keeping my rough country setup cause im looking for a little better ride, will i notice that much of a difference? i particularly notice, going down some of the lesser maintained roads in town, that the ride quality on the front springs is particularly harsh, i also think that my passenger coil may be sagging a bit as brought to my attention when caleb drove my jeep(i never really noticed cause im used to it)
    Switch to Rubicon Express 4.5" springs
    50.00%
    Keep the existing Rough Country 4.5" springs
    50.00%
    2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
    1945 Willys-Overland CJ2A

Maybe upgrade your shocks? The springs just support the weight of the vehicle..where as the shock absorb the bumps etc...But then again if the springs are just plain to stiff then the shocks wont help..Possibly call rough country and RE and compare their spring rates and see if RE has a softer spring rate..or one available..
    98 Cherokee, D30/8.25 w/4.56s locked F/R -- 3 link front IRO springs rear with shackle relocation, one ton steering w/heims, hybrid cage under contruction, 33'' KM2's

Comment

you wont notice a big difference, if any, around town.

upgrade the shocks first.

Comment

I'm running Edelbrock remote res. shocks up front and Rusty's in the back. My buddy is running rustys everything and my Jeep rides better then his just from changing the front shocks
        I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

yeah dude, change yo shocks. change your coils if the pass side still sags, or it could be your leaf spring is messed up.
          -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbike View Post
            yeah dude, change yo shocks. change your coils if the pass side still sags, or it could be your leaf spring is messed up.
            Leafs. My pass side leans because my leafs r fuked.
            99 Dub Ya Jay

My Adventures Thread
            http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15148

Comment

upgrade shocks and make your control arm angle not suck first

and if ya dont have an extended shackle, do that

and put dis shit in tech
              www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

upgrade shocks and keep RC leafs

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

why was this in shenanigans?

this is like the 10th tech poll i have had to move here from shenans, cmon people
                  - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                  or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                  Originally posted by DizzDizz
                  aliens probed my husband

Comment

shenaniquestions
                    dirty30

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                      because SiS hates you.
                      "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
                      It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post

this is like the 10th tech poll i have had to move here from shenans, cmon people
                        sorry, i wasnt paying attention when i posted

Comment

yeah it doesnt seem to be so much as a rough ride due to shitty shocks(although that certainly may be the case) i was just wondering if a softer spring would make for a more comfortable ride. eventually ill get it dialed in, ill start by swapping out shocks though, what would you guys suggest? i really want those edelbrock remote reservoir but theyre way out of my price range, i can get them from work for like 185 each.

Comment

Originally posted by Lycaon View Post
                            yeah it doesnt seem to be so much as a rough ride due to shitty shocks(although that certainly may be the case) i was just wondering if a softer spring would make for a more comfortable ride. eventually ill get it dialed in, ill start by swapping out shocks though, what would you guys suggest? i really want those edelbrock remote reservoir but theyre way out of my price range, i can get them from work for like 185 each.
                            RE monotubes or OME nitros are cheaper.. like 65-70 each. 5150s are 100 each and theyre def a better built shock than the ebrocks.

Comment

Originally posted by XJLI View Post
                              RE monotubes or OME nitros are cheaper.. like 65-70 each. 5150s are 100 each and theyre def a better built shock than the ebrocks.
                              Really?
                              dirty30

Comment

Working...
                              X