what are my options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what are my options?

quite a few months ago i cut my tire off road. it still holds air and i've been driving with it as is, but i don't want to risk airing it down again. my plan is to order up a new tire and keep this one as a spare. i still want to fix this one if possible though. do you think a shop would be willing to patch this? are there any other options?

1987 YJ
    I'm still learning...

fucking BFGs..

if it holds air, it holds air. my spare has a pinhole in it and it holds air for like 2 weeks.. then i air it back up again.

Comment

I would get a new tire and use that as a spare. My spare has a bubble on the sidewall size of a tennis ball (no joke) and it holds air just fine.
      I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
        My spare has a bubble on the sidewall size of a tennis ball (no joke) and it holds air just fine.
        Is that RJ's old tire?

Comment

get a new tire. i wouldnt risk that on the road. Most likely it will be ok but I would just replace it.

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

ive had slices that looked like that

i just rocked it

they can be repaired through vulcanization. but not many shops will do it to street tires because of liability. and its expensive
            www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by fullwidthxj191 View Post
              Is that RJ's old tire?
              yes the bubble is fucking epic
              1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
              2001 wj tbd
              1974 5 ton

Comment

thanks for the input. i'm going to get a new tire. i needed a spare eventually anyways
                1987 YJ
                I'm still learning...

Comment

you would cringe if you saw what my iroks look like... and they all hold air
                  "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Originally posted by grundlepunch View Post
                    you're probably right. i guess it just shows my noobness worrying about a little gash like that
                    1987 YJ
                    I'm still learning...

Comment

Originally posted by grundlepunch View Post
                      id trust a gashed up lookin irok vs a gashed up paper thin BFG
                      - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                      or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                      Originally posted by DizzDizz
                      aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                        id trust a gashed up lookin irok vs a gashed up paper thin BFG
                        yeah that's true. i guess that's why the BFGs are so cheap
                        1987 YJ
                        I'm still learning...

Comment

put a tube in it?? i mean atlest good enough for a spare if moniez is tight
                          2013 F150 fx4 (Tow Pig/DD)
                          • 5.0 with the 3.73 option

2003 TJ Rubicon
                          • 4.0/42rle/np241or
                          • 5.13's
                          • 3" Savvy/Currie suspension with acos
                          • 33” BFG KO2s

Comment

My claws look like Freddy Krueger went to town on em. 2 out of 5 have horrible leaks, but there is a gas station a little over a mile from my house w/ an insanely fast compressor, which I use pretty much every time I drive the XJ.
                            99 Dub Ya Jay

My Adventures Thread
                            http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15148

Comment

Originally posted by BOX View Post
                              My claws look like Freddy Krueger went to town on em. 2 out of 5 have horrible leaks, but there is a gas station a little over a mile from my house w/ an insanely fast compressor, which I use pretty much every time I drive the XJ.
                              every one knows that the sixth of those 5 tires is the safest
                              No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                              Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Working...
                              X