No announcement yet.

Jeep runs hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some shops use chemicals that are supposed to grab everything that doesnt belong in the cooling system. It is personal opinion if they really do work. If there is alot of contamination is your cooling system it could take a few flushes.
    2000 XJ with goodies soon to be in pieces
    1999 XJ will get most of the 2000XJ doodads.

Comment

dont waste your money on tryn to get it to run cool, just buy some long arms for it. doesnt mater if you need them or not, your COOL factor will go up 100%
      "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Try to prop up the back of the hood with washers. It might drag some of the heat away. When you flushed the rad did you run the flushing compound through it?
        I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Originally posted by crosbike View Post
          I dont want to use a lower tstat as my jeep should be running fine with a 195 and its not. I "flushed" it with a garden hose but i dont know if shops have higher pressure stuff or not. anybody know?
          I know some shops around here have a crazy setup with high powered hoses, I am not sure what exactly they send through the system, but they run it backwards through the whole thing. Usually sucks everything out of the block, hoses, and radiator. I've seen them for about 75$.
          Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

i think this thread is in the tech sticky.. if not it should be. it roxors.

http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=364431

my money is on blockage somewhere.. did you flush with the heat on full blast?

Comment

You did get all the air out of the system right?
              1998 XJ.....Finally.
              1997 ZJ 4.0L....The wife's ride.

...And I'm a Mac

Comment

Originally posted by XJLI View Post
                i think this thread is in the tech sticky.. if not it should be. it roxors.

http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=364431

my money is on blockage somewhere.. did you flush with the heat on full blast?
                ya ive scoured that thread and i really think its just a blockage somewhere. i did have the heat on full blast. no air in the system and i used prestone chemical cleaner but maybe it was just for the radiator. i dunno.

Comment

spin the mech fan by hand, it should not rotate more then 2-3 times before stopping. if it does, yo need a new fan clutch. then, you will need to take note if the temp sensor relay to kick on the E fan is in working order. I just did this myself two days ago, had to replace the mech fan clutch, and I know my temp sensor is fuckeyed.. I will have to get on that, but the manual switch is working out still, for now.

Comment

Working...
                  X