No announcement yet.

What to build....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait a few years until you have a good job and can afford to build something like a buggy AND you can afford a tow rig. Like Sam said, if you have a weak point, make it stronger. If you dont like your gears, change them if thats the only thing that bothers you. But If you part out the XJ, you will have nothing to wheel while your parts pile either doesnt grow or slowly grows over time. And you wont get much from parting out the XJ.

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

it is not going to look anything like a cj..... other than the grill.... i'm dovetailing the rear, doing boatsides... the only thing on this that will be from the cj is the foward part of the frame extending to about where the back of the doors would be. air shock/coilovers in the rear. so in some senses i guess you could just call it an extremely built cj but its just easier to call it a buggy, cause it essentially will be one.

In terms of money yes i work at hooters, no i don't make a shit load of money but i make enough to support a project like this over a period of time. and i will be doing 100% of the fabrication which will save me alot of money. i'm building it with a tight budget in mind. 5.38's, the best deal on 37's i can get, the suspension/cage will be made by me, twin sticking the dana 300 myself, hydro assist instead of full hydro, it is intended to be more of an ongoing project than a straight up build, the goal is RCrocs 2011, but realistically it probably won't be ready till 2012.

It's that reason which is why i'm not going to be getting rid of the xj, and i'll figure out what to do for a tow rig when the time comes.
      No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
      Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

too much work for me

all the time spent building a buggy how i want it, i could build a few xj's and wheel them each for a year.
        www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
        X