Bit off more than I can chew?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XJcrazy00 View Post
    It was car quest lol. And the mechanic told me the same thing? FUCK.

I totally didn't research enough before doing this.
    Did you take apart both sides? Usually I do one side at a time and use the other as a reference
    I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
      Did you take apart both sides? Usually I do one side at a time and use the other as a reference
      this. next time i need rear brakes im putting discs on. thankfully my 44 had fresh drums and hardware thanks to grew dleacher, ltd.

Comment

I definitely did. I compared sides, and looked at that tutorial and that spring just isn't there.

Here is what I've got so far. My ebrake works now, so that's good. However I can't tell if the actual brakes work, and my brake light is always on. It went off for a second, but now it's always on. The dealership closed and I went to another shop whose owner has a 10" lifted grand Cherokee and a chopped Cherokee which Is getting lifted soon too. It's also got (I think) an old bronco engine in it
        -Matt
        Facebook

Comment

That's an old messge I never hit entire on. I ended up paying the guy the shop with the Cherokees to do it. He was going to charge 20 for bleeding the brakes and refilling it, but I asked him to redo my brakes because I got bad advice and put the pads on wrong. And I forgot the plate that retains the line for the adjuster spring.

So for 180 bucks I have new rear brakes. It was 130 for new drums, shoes, hardware, and adjuster kits. Would have of been 130 if I didn't fuck up. Not bad, thanks for the help guys.
          -Matt
          Facebook

Comment

Working...
          X