X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

excuse my typing...

Comment

Originally posted by clean4drxj View Post
      at first it started doing it at certain times, and finally it rust ran like shit all the time, it had no balls and couldn't go anywhere and it studdered like a mofo , it was the coil
      thats what this sounds like but with more to it, like itll just totally drop to idle with the throttle open and jolt every few seconds, and on occasion itll be in drive but tach out on the rev limiter as if it were in neutral, its so strange, thats why im having such a hard time with a diagnosis, and i dont have the money to go trying things at random, you know? i gotta try to find some time to remove the coil and inspect/test it

you should come down for a test drive and see if its what youre talking about
      2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
      1945 Willys-Overland CJ2A

Comment

yea it kinda sounds like what i'm talking about, it's between the coil and the ECU from the sounds of it.... i also have a stock coil of my 96 i dunno if the plug's the same....
        anyhow PM me and i'll give ya my #

Comment

replaced, the coil, everything felt good... then it happened again... im at a loss

Comment

this thing isn't throwing you a code? hows the oxygen sensors?

Comment

i do have a reoccuring HO2S11 code, P0132. and the occasional P0135 and P0138. but their only about a year old(the current o2 sensors), im gonna shoot for replacing the pre cat O2S and see how i fare, when the power comes back it feels like the fuel trim bringing pressure back gradually. i dont see how it could have gone bad within a year, but then again who knows.

edit: i thought that the codes were being thrown based on lack of spark(ignition coil), causeing a rich mixture as ive noticed segments of extreme fuel consumption. but i guess it could be the other way around, that if the forward sensor is bad then the fuel would trim positive and flood the cylinder causing a poor mixture. and between P0132 and P0135 thatd indicate sensor 1 is bad, which would cause a rich mixture after trim throwing the P0138 code which is sensor 2 detecting a rich/lean mixture.
              Last edited by Lycaon; 10-06-2009, 09:55 PM.

Comment

heres an even more rare thing that happens that goes along with it, the problem usually occurs while im driving but this was at idle
                its quiet so you might want to turn it up to hear it, you can really only hear it rev but when its down around 700ish rpms it sounds kindof like a motorcycle
                [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhE1LiOi7XQ[/ame]
                Last edited by Lycaon; 10-06-2009, 10:10 PM.

Comment

well its been 2 days and so far so good, replaced the front o2 sensor and also i found a blown fuse in the main power distribution box, turned out to be the heater circuit for the o2. so i cleared the codes and nothing has come back, no unusual running conditions, a boost in power, and a definite increase in fuel economy

Comment

Working...
                  X