• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seafoam Engine treament

Just looking for the input
    Snake oil, don't bother.
    0.00%
    Awesome stuff, I have a can with dinner every night!
    26.32%
    WTF is Seafoam?
    21.05%
    Yeah, it's pretty good.
    52.63%
    Shane "The Bag" Carlson

2.5L TJ, 5-speed, frankenlift, and stuff.
    My "Bucket" Build
    MilitaryJeepers.com
    ‚——P--;===±--= <-
    !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

its good stuff. had to run a can a month in my stepdad's astro van so it would run. was easier than doing a carb rebuild and and basically a motor overhaul the day you dumped a can in that 4.3 would really wake up.

Comment

i put it in the GMC once and it was great. definitely worth it

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7UEMhg2vjg[/ame]
      Last edited by Pedro; 02-09-2009, 01:12 PM.
      P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
      2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
      OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Never used it myself, but can't say i've ever heard anything bad about it.

Comment

change your oil after you do it.

Comment

ive done it and i would say its some pretty good stuff. definitely legit.
            99 xj, 3" RC, 35" BFG AT red labels, custom rear bumper, SYE, armor, Hellas, waggy 44's fr+rr, 5.13's ,lunchbox lockers fr+rr, rear disk conversion,rock crusher covers frt+rr, beefy homemade 1 ton highsteer setup

Comment

Thanks for the input What is the preferred method, the can says either into the fuel, or right into the engine. How long before an oil change? like a day or 2, or a few miles before?
              Shane "The Bag" Carlson

My "Bucket" Build
              MilitaryJeepers.com
              ‚——P--;===±--= <-
              !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Comment

What I did was unplug a vacuum line going into the throttle body from the brake booster and with a little funnel with the jeep idling I poured about 2/3 of the bottle in (slowly, when you unplug that line there is a shit ton of suction) just slow enough to keep it idling then hooked it back up while idling then ran around and shut it off for about 2 minutes. then started it up and let it idle and every minute or so i'd give it gas and kept doing this until the smoke was gone. poured the rest in the gas tank (at about half a tank) ran the jeep about another quarter tank and then changed the oil. Worked gret

Comment

i did 1/3 in the vacuum line, 1/3 in the crankcase, and 1/3 in the fuel tank, than chaned the oil after about 100 miles
                  P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                  2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                  OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Thanks, that was extremely helpfull
                    Shane "The Bag" Carlson

My "Bucket" Build
                    MilitaryJeepers.com
                    ‚——P--;===±--= <-
                    !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Comment

I know people are going to disagree cause it sounds crazy, but, water is used for the same thing. Not saying I prefer one over the other but, I have run water through a few vehicles with good results. I'm sure the seafoam is a better fluid to use because of some additives or whatever magical formula is in there.

Back in the day if you talk to older mechanics a regularly held tool for mechanics was a windshield washer jug and pump. They would fill it with water and run the car down the highway injecting water in little by little. There is an article somewhere on the internets about how this guy took the head off a mower engine and took a picture of all the carbon, then re-assembled and ran water through it and disassembled. Took pics of the head, spotless.

Have used seafoam before. Did what it said it would.

Comment

i run a can through once a year to clean out from sitting. your neighbors will hate you from the smoke

Comment

its good stuff., cleans shit out well

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Working...
                          X