Light bar technofab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light bar technofab

I just got a loghtbar from my brother or 20 bucks, complete with 4 100w lights, I was just wondering what everyone else did to run their wires into the engine bay, I don't feel like drilling through the roof if I can help it.
    dirty30

kind ghetto but you could run em into the door then through the firewall to the engine bay.
    1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
    1999 sierra
    1967 M725 Big and Slow
    -Dan

Comment

ran mine back to the hatch, between the body and the hatch and then into the hole where the washer fluid line runs from the body to the hatch and then inside all the trim all the way to the firewall and to the battery.

It probably be easier to drill a hole. If you are worried about leaks, use RTV to seal it.

Comment

i was so against drillin in my roof forever and had all these elaborate work arounds. i finally said Fuck it and drilled a hole, installed a gromet on it, and sealed it with marine silicone. worked, cant even really see it anyway, and its clean cuz its a gromet anyway
        - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
        or am asians pants not a read end lol.
        Originally posted by DizzDizz
        aliens probed my husband

Comment

i got a light bar and i ran the wire inbetween the feet on the bar into the door and down the jam cant notice the wire and no leaking. i am against drilling into my roof
          98 XJ 4.5 32inch cooper STT DC-1 black KC daylighters 4.10s

Its not just a jeep.

Comment

i ran mine all the way back tucked it into the hatch seam and under the truck along the frame rail up into the battery hahaha. the wire never went inside my truck. then i hit a tree and ripped one of the lights off and they dont exist no more

im gettin a rack soon and ill be doin more lights and imma just drill the roof RTV FTMFW
            #becauseJoeNitro

Comment

mine are run between inside the door, and it leaks a lot. man up and drill.

Comment

Where do you drill? And where do you run the wires, I don't feel like pulling out my headliner
                dirty30

Comment

HA! I forgot that some fancy people have headliners....must be nice
                  1999 sierra
                  1967 M725 Big and Slow
                  -Dan

Comment

Originally posted by wannabejeep View Post
                    HA! I forgot that some fancy people have headliners....must be nice
                    You did the headliner removal mod too?

Bushwacking claimed my light bar years ago. Along with my fire stick, and original front clip, and passenger's fender, and both mirrors and a half a dozen marker lights

Comment

Originally posted by snowblur17 View Post
                      You did the headliner removal mod too?

Bushwacking claimed my light bar years ago. Along with my fire stick, and original front clip, and passenger's fender, and both mirrors and a half a dozen marker lights
                      hell yeah! Do you have the exhaust leak mod? I do. haha
                      1999 sierra
                      1967 M725 Big and Slow
                      -Dan

Comment

I don't have a head liner
                        I'm not gonna drill through my "roof" either
                        Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

exhaust leak mod, check
                          Rocker removal mod, check

O and PS I ran a wire along the weather stripping of my drivers door then drilled a hole in the rain gutter for the wire to pass through and epoxied the hole up and used plastic wire tubing stuff to run the wire through to the lights.... didn't really like this set up

Comment

snowblur I do believe we drive the same jeep.
                            1999 sierra
                            1967 M725 Big and Slow
                            -Dan

Comment

basically yeah, except yours was free haha. I can't complain I've been beating the shit out of mine for 4 years now only paid $1200 originally

Comment

Working...
                              X