6 in lift help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 in lift help

So lets say i have a stock 97+ xj and i'm lifting it 6 inches. What else do i need to do to beside...

SYE + Driveshaft
    EX. Brake lines

oh and i just would like to know what i have to do right away being its my dd and i will not have the money upfront to do everything i want. but it will come
    4x4 Station Wagon...

Control Arms, Tracbar, and few other things i believe

In my opinion save your cash and get a complete kit and do it all in one shot.
    2000 XJ with goodies soon to be in pieces
    1999 XJ will get most of the 2000XJ doodads.

Comment

shims for the rear, should upgrade the steering, like otte said get a good kit with everything, claytond kit is an awesome setup
      1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
      2001 wj tbd
      1974 5 ton

Comment

what exactly is a shim?
        4x4 Station Wagon...

Comment

goes between the spring and leaf to help with pinion angle
          1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
          2001 wj tbd
          1974 5 ton

Comment

im sorry i'm still confused.. could you explain it a lttile more
            4x4 Station Wagon...

Comment

The shims raze is talking about are degree shims that go between the axel and leaf spring to help with pinion angle. This is to help keep pinion angles good an reduce vibes in the driveline.
              2000 XJ with goodies soon to be in pieces
              1999 XJ will get most of the 2000XJ doodads.

Comment

pinion angle is where the pinion on the diff has a "line" to the transfer case. for easy reference on this it is the angle of the drive shaft. when you lift it the pinion will not point at the transfer case which will cause binding on your ujoints cause them to blow/ vibes. so you have to get the pinion pointed towards the transfer case by using a shim. better? im am not used to having to break it down sorry
                2001 wj tbd
                1974 5 ton

Comment

haha no that was helpful thanks
                  4x4 Station Wagon...

Comment

is the tracbar necessary also. or can a run stock for a few weeks
                    4x4 Station Wagon...

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Crunch View Post
                      is the tracbar necessary also. or can a run stock for a few weeks
                      i would def buy one right away or get a good kit with EVERYTHING in it, claytons kit and rubicons both have them in it
                      2001 wj tbd
                      1974 5 ton

Comment

yea i, not getting a full kit because as a 17 year old camp counselor its not in the budget. im picking up bds coils and RC full packs for 250 and going form there. im planning on running porc SYE with XJ front d/s and picking up used shocks and control arms
                        4x4 Station Wagon...

Comment

definitely get a trac bar before you put the lift on
                          2001 wj tbd
                          1974 5 ton

Comment

is the new track bar just going to be beefyer
                            4x4 Station Wagon...

Comment

it will be longer so your front diff is not pulled over to the drivers side keeping it centered
                              2001 wj tbd
                              1974 5 ton

Comment

Working...
                              X