leaf spring options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTNFDXJ View Post
    so not true they have 6.5 which they take a leaf out and bring it to 4.5...
    trust me i picked up the set the other day
    sorry i meant they have 4.5" and not 3.5" i'm looking to stay at this height not go taller
    I drive a Datsun

Comment

i say the RE
      P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
      2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
      OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

I think we all know that rusty's aal's are the way to go. Mine don't flex for shit but they certainly haven't sagged any.
        1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
        1999 sierra
        1967 M725 Big and Slow
        -Dan

Comment

RE w/ shackle. Always run a longer shackle or relocation box with a longer spring, the exception of course being a 3" lift since no on makes a good 2" spring (OME can suck it).

sam needs a traction bar and/or shock up to par of controlling all the man meat of a tire and gears he is running.

Comment

I plan on replacing my leaves with RE 3.5 and 1in shackle. Right now I have sweet reverse arch springs....its custom.
            I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Re setup, a month ago I woulda said the claytons, but after pulling some krustys leaves an adding a longer shakle I'll never run a stock shackle again
              dirty30

Comment

your retarded. since theres nothing left u want to do to your jeep your just making up problems to spend money on. your leafs work fine. u have good flex and they haven't sagged or anything.

buy a bug eye and stop being dumb

i refuse to vote on this silly jibba jabba
                2 tj's
                3 yj's
                2 xj's
                i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

Comment

Originally posted by Arundlemcbrundle View Post
                  your retarded. since theres nothing left u want to do to your jeep your just making up problems to spend money on. your leafs work fine. u have good flex and they haven't sagged or anything.

buy a bug eye and stop being dumb

i refuse to vote on this silly jibba jabba
                  his retarded?

his just making up problems?
                  www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

im lookin into the same two options so i can get rid of my flat springs and blocks. im leaning more towards the claytons tho.

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

well after much deliberation i'm going the RE and shackle box route. i highly suggest the same to you andrew. its been well proven in this thread
                      I drive a Datsun

Comment

Originally posted by CumminsJeep View Post
                        im lookin into the same two options so i can get rid of my flat springs and blocks. im leaning more towards the claytons tho.
                        reasoning vs thread?
                        - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                        or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                        Originally posted by DizzDizz
                        aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
                          i take it everyone agrees that 3.5" leafs with 1" shackle or 1" shackle relocation > 4.5" leafs
                          i've yet to see any technical reasoning in this thread to prove this point. all i see is theories and this is better cuz i say so. pics to prove or it didn't happen
                          2 tj's
                          3 yj's
                          2 xj's
                          i'm a jeep whore

Comment

i've yet to see any technical reasoning in this thread to prove this point. all i see is theories and this is better cuz i say so. pics to prove or it didn't happen
                            you tell me the tech of how a more arched stiffer pack flexes more than a less arched pack on a more leveraged end, and then ill bother showing proof
                            - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                            or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                            Originally posted by DizzDizz
                            aliens probed my husband

Comment

fact: more leafs are better, makes the springs not only more progressive, but better able to take on heavier loads and are just overall stronger. deavers/nationals/alcan 4.5" leafs have 11 leafs in them, RE and others have like 4 or 5.

Comment

those 2 statements seem contradictory to me. ones states less spring flexes more, the other is stating more springs are better. mind explosion. would it be a better set up. yes probably. but he's already gone another way and the costs don't justify the benifits imo. but whatever. its his doll hairs to do what he wants with it

either way when he does it i wnat to take before and after flex pics and see what the difference in flex (i think will be minimal) will be.
                                Last edited by Arundlemcbrundle; 06-26-2009, 03:02 PM.
                                2 tj's
                                3 yj's
                                2 xj's
                                i'm a jeep whore

Comment

Working...
                                X