21 spline transfer case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 21 spline transfer case

For anyone running a 21 spline transfer case in their XJ, has anyone ever had any problems as far as breaking them? Im thinking of building an 89 up but i dnt want to waste my time if its to weak, also will a 23 spline from say a 91 bolt right in?
    98 Cherokee, D30/8.25 w/4.56s locked F/R -- 3 link front IRO springs rear with shackle relocation, one ton steering w/heims, hybrid cage under contruction, 33'' KM2's

I have never heard of them breaking. No it wont bolt right in because it has 2 more splines.
    -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

no a tranny with a 23 spline output, to match with a 23 spline np231..should have been more specific
      98 Cherokee, D30/8.25 w/4.56s locked F/R -- 3 link front IRO springs rear with shackle relocation, one ton steering w/heims, hybrid cage under contruction, 33'' KM2's

Comment

lol, umm the computer shit may be diffrent but there is really no reason to switch. I have never heard of a tcase breaking because it is 21 spline. Just run it, its not your main wheeling vehicle anyways. O are you locking the rear?
        -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

im deff not sure what im gonna do yet, but i was thinking of taking everything ive learned so far and making like the ultamite low center of gravity wheeler..3 inches of lift, 33 inch tires, locked or welded 29 spline rear, locked front tank tuck, rollcage, unibody stiffiners, etc etc, or..i may just sell it haha

Comment

The transfer case is the female 21 spline. I think the male output shaft on the transmission would be what you would worry about breaking but 21 vs 23 spline I don't think is a huge difference. There are weaker points in the case
            1950 Willys Trail Rig
            2007.5 Dodge 2500 QCSB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by OWEN View Post
              The transfer case is the female 21 spline. I think the male output shaft on the transmission would be what you would worry about breaking but 21 vs 23 spline I don't think is a huge difference. There are weaker points in the case
              and its fairly easy to swap inputs on the tcase from 21 to 23 and vice versa if the need arose.

Comment

Working...
              X