Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its called the new lift kit will fix the problem of the tires hitting

Comment

haha and yes that dana 35 is really gay. I wish i could get a new axle you think 32s will make that much of a diff on it in stress ?

Comment

Originally posted by jeepinjosh View Post
        Any higher than 3.5" inches of the lift and the problems and up FAST.
        99 Dub Ya Jay

My Adventures Thread
        http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15148

Comment

The fail dana 35. I want to swap in a 8.25 or a dana 44 but thats alot of work and more money.
          I ran 33's on my d35 for like 8 months with light wheeling. Also 8.25 swap will maybe set you back a hundo. That's about the average price of one of those axles. Go to mavis in new milford. I like that place.
          1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
          1999 sierra
          1967 M725 Big and Slow
          -Dan

Comment

You are going to have to trim your fenders no matter what.
            2000 XJ with goodies soon to be in pieces
            1999 XJ will get most of the 2000XJ doodads.

Comment

hey dude instead of flaming you, i just want to know.

What reason you dont want to trim your fenders?

Also, i could within a week find a Chry 8.25 with whatever gear set you have for under 150 bucks in CT. Search the forums ( naxja ct jeep here ) If you break with 32s on your dana 35, im just gonna laugh at you.
              Last edited by Mike; 06-16-2009, 05:55 AM.

Comment

how is an 8.25 or 44 swap expensive?

if you can't swing $80-$200 then go ahead and break your dana35 and spend money fixing that every time it breaks.

and if you don't want to trim, you are stuck with 31's

of course you can just lift it to the moon and keep your swaybars on and you might only get a little rubbing
                www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Its called no the lift kit will not. Thats what we are ALL trying to tell you but you wont listen. The higher up you go, the more problems. Simply put, you cant wheel the places we wheel with non-trimmed fenders and 32-33's and not ruin shit.......forget it man...just lift it to the moon have 43543 inches of clearance tire to fender and never pull your sway bars. Thats the only way your fenders will stay intact. Pretty much DONT WHEEL and you'll be fine.
                  Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
                  didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
                  Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
                  he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
                  Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
                  i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                    hey dude instead of flaming you, i just want to know.

What reason you dont want to trim your fenders?

It doesn't look good to him, and he wouldn't be able to enter it in car shows anymore

Comment

lift height doesnt change the size of the wheel wells.

lift height only lets u clear bigger tires at ride height on the street.
                      - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                      or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                      Originally posted by DizzDizz
                      aliens probed my husband

Comment

First of all, no it won't fix the problem of the tires hitting. Your wheel wells don't magically get larger when you get a new lift kit. Unless you plan on running 8" of lift with your swaybars connected at all times, you are going to mash the fuck out of your fenders. I don't know how many times you come on here asking for tech advice and refuse to listen to us. If all you are going to do is make statements about what you want to do go write in microsoft word and pretend that there are people patting you on the back for being an idiot.

So lets weigh your options here:

1. Spend all of 5 bucks on a cutting wheel for an angle grinder and trim your fenders. DONE.

2. Spend 3 grand on an 8" longarm kit with all the required mods to run such kit, and look like a fucking idiot because you keep your sways connected and don't want to trim your fenders.

Comment

If your gonna post in the tech board, you have to listen to everyones answers/opinions. Not saying you have to follow everything we say. But we ALL know your fenders need to be trimmed, we are ALL trying to save you a bunch of headaches, but you wont listen. If your not gonna take advise from the entire board, then why even post up? GTFO or STFU If your just going to ignore us all.
                          Last edited by hippie metal; 06-16-2009, 12:46 PM.

Comment

I'm running 4.5" RE lift untrimmed and my tires rubbed with 31's and ruined my passenger fender on a stocker trail. Ask anyone who was at RC that weekend. So if you say a lift is going to fix it how much lift do you plan on running if I may ask?

For the record mine are getting trimmed once I get off this boat and get 33's
                            I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

lol. If I were you I'd save the money on a lift, get a 2" spacer/shackle, trim, and run 33s.

But clearly, I'm not you.

Comment

I might but then i have to get the bigger lift becuase i refuse to cut my fenders as most of you already know lol. honestly I dont mind 32s better in the snow a tiny bit better gas mi lol
                                how are 32's better in the snow than 33's??? its the same tread pattern and the 33's are wider, so idk your reasoning there.

you can run 33's, trim the fenders and relocate the stock flares higher up, if you really don't want to loose your flares. But like everyone else said don't go with more lift and don't think you're not gonna have to trim... it's only gonna lead to more problems along the way.

Save up a couple extra bucks for the 33's, i just sold my 27 spline 8.25 for 70 bucks, they aren't hard to get for cheap.

The people here know what they are talking about, listen to us or it's only going to be your nightmare.
                                No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                                Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Working...
                                X