urgent help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• urgent help

On the drivers side the spindle is pretty much seized to the caliper mounting bracket. I've tried beating the caliper bracket off, i've tried hammering a chizel in between the two. Any other ideas or just keep on keepin on until i get this bitch off?

heat?
    1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
    2001 wj tbd
    1974 5 ton

Comment

nvm, seems like every time i ask for the help the jeep says ok i'm gonna fuck with him and make it easy as soon as he comes back outside

mods may delete now

Comment

then keep asking questions maybe it will fix its self
        1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
        2001 wj tbd
        1974 5 ton

Comment

im not deleting shit

here is a useful tip for next time:

stick a socket between the axle housing and the ear on the outer axle shaft.

turn jeep on and turn into the socket

has worked on every dana44 spindle and dana30 hub i have ever tried it on.

if it doesn't pop it off, it will at least crack it free.

if the axle isnt under the jeep, i have had similar sucess with the above, but by hammering on the outer knuckle
          www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Take out the 3 mounting bolts that old the unit bearing bearing to the knuckle. Install them in a couple turns. Hammer on the heads of the bolts and the unit bearing will come out. If you dont want to damage the 13mm, 12 point bolt heads, put a socket on it and the socket will be damaged but not the bolts. Ive done that and I've always got those stubborn bastards out.
            88 YJ...kinda. Clayton Hard Arms, V8, 1 tons w/Detroits, twin sticked T-18/NP205, Irok's, MasterCrafts, fuel cell, multi-colored

Comment

Nevermind, you dont have a Dana 30.
              88 YJ...kinda. Clayton Hard Arms, V8, 1 tons w/Detroits, twin sticked T-18/NP205, Irok's, MasterCrafts, fuel cell, multi-colored

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
                im not deleting shit

here is a useful tip for next time:

stick a socket between the axle housing and the ear on the outer axle shaft.

turn jeep on and turn into the socket

has worked on every dana44 spindle and dana30 hub i have ever tried it on.

if it doesn't pop it off, it will at least crack it free.

if the axle isnt under the jeep, i have had similar sucess with the above, but by hammering on the outer knuckle
                you are wise beyond your years my child...
                "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Working...
                X