tyaz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tyaz

When I was at the dealer on Wednesday dropping the Jeep off again I asked the guy about what things can void my warranty. He told me messing with the engine was a big no no and then he mentioned putting bigger tires on could cause all sorts of issues with it.....I find this hard to beleive since it seems everyone here runs larger tires. He said it can mess up my spedometer which makes sense but then he said it could mess up the differentials.

Seems like no one here has major issues with large tires...wtf is he talking about it causing all sorts of issues???
    2009 silver JK - destination beachy jeep
    J10 project do want.
    "attack life. its just going to kill you anyway"

hes a dumbass. he probably means that with bigger tires ur more prone to breakage but doesnt it have a 44 in it? also yeah, it will throw off ur speedometer a bit but nothing that should void ur warranty. seems like BS to me.

Comment

well some warrenties these days are strict as hell. like if you miss a scheduled oil change it voids your whole warrenty and your screwed. but as for breaking and whatever I think you are fine. but if you throw on a set of mud tires in the same size or even a little bigger I cant see why it would void your warrenty. but I would ask first

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

on some vehicle warranties if you modify anything you are fucked

and your traction control will be pretty much useless with bigger/ grippier tarz

larger tires puts more stress on everything.

but what they dont know can't hurt em
        www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

i was gonna buy a jk when i worked for chrysler/jeep/dodge. i asked my service rep if i put a lift and tires on would it void the warrenty and he said he'd still warrenty everything except the suspension(obviously). so i guess it depends were u go. find a dealer wtih a cool service rep
          2 tj's
          3 yj's
          2 xj's
          i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

Comment

RckymtnTJ had an 06 TJ that he put a lift and 35's on. He had work done to the motor under warranty. I would imagine the service guy was just telling you that to cover his ass.
            2000 XJ
            2000 A.C.E. 750

Comment

the only thing i can see it affecting is the traction control like sam said
              99 xj, 3" RC, 35" BFG AT red labels, custom rear bumper, SYE, armor, Hellas, waggy 44's fr+rr, 5.13's ,lunchbox lockers fr+rr, rear disk conversion,rock crusher covers frt+rr, beefy homemade 1 ton highsteer setup

Comment

Originally posted by xjeeper View Post
                the only thing i can see it affecting is the traction control like sam said
                When i was in moab for EJS09 i wheeled with a JK thatwas open open with traction control and 35's.

It went up cliffhangerentrance/exit no problem... the traction control worked awesome!!! the jk's traction control, when it senses slip, applies brake to the wheel slipping.

So when he was comming up cliffhanger he started slipping and after a few seconds of slip, the traction control turned on and went right up.

So yes...it might affect the life of TC,due to added strain on drivetrain of larger tires, but as proven by this, it does not hurt traction controls ability to work.
                2013 F150 fx4 (Tow Pig/DD)
                • 5.0 with the 3.73 option

2003 TJ Rubicon
                • 4.0/42rle/np241or
                • 5.13's
                • 3" Savvy/Currie suspension with acos
                • 33” BFG KO2s

Comment

Originally posted by Supermanxj View Post
                  When i was in moab for EJS09 i wheeled with a JK thatwas open open with traction control and 35's.

It went up cliffhangerentrance/exit no problem... the traction control worked awesome!!! the jk's traction control, when it senses slip, applies brake to the wheel slipping.

So when he was comming up cliffhanger he started slipping and after a few seconds of slip, the traction control turned on and went right up.

So yes...it might affect the life of TC,due to added strain on drivetrain of larger tires, but as proven by this, it does not hurt traction controls ability to work.
                  it does not apply brake to the wheel that is slipping it pulls power from it and diverts it to the other wheel.
                  1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                  2001 wj tbd
                  1974 5 ton

Comment

okay...oops... screwed that up.

However it still works and it showed to work well. not as good as a locker but, way better than open
                    2013 F150 fx4 (Tow Pig/DD)
                    • 5.0 with the 3.73 option

2003 TJ Rubicon
                    • 4.0/42rle/np241or
                    • 5.13's
                    • 3" Savvy/Currie suspension with acos
                    • 33” BFG KO2s

Comment

i believe some systems actually apply the brake also

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Originally posted by raze1287 View Post
                        it does not apply brake to the wheel that is slipping it pulls power from it and diverts it to the other wheel.
                        yes it does. its an ELSD system- standard clutch typle LSD diff with the ABS sensors monitoring wheelslip. wheel slips, the brake stops it and that forces the LSD to send power across the axle.

Comment

Im not 100% on the not applying brake. some jeep TC systems apply brake to the wheel and some divert power. it depends on what you have in the specific vehicle, either is an option on almost all models.
                          Lady bugs don't like it when you paint stripes on them

2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8, Slightly Modded

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.8L CRD Diesel Stock

Comment

time to /thread

keep your stockers in the garage courtney

if you ever need warranty work done, u just put em back on

run the muds.
                            - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                            or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                            Originally posted by DizzDizz
                            aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                              time to /thread

keep your stockers in the garage courtney

if you ever need warranty work done, u just put em back on

run the muds.
                              X2 Thats exactly what I was thinking.
                              -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X