ford truck problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ford truck problem

alright, hate to do this but im pissed and i gotta ask.

a while back my truck's check engine light came on and the truck bucked at low rpm, enough to piss me off. so i scanned it and got CODES: P0401, and 402 ---- the codes mean inefficient/excessive EGR exhaust pressure.

so i changed the erg valve and the differential pressure sensor EGR and the light went away... for 2 weeks. now its back and my trucks a buck'n (not in a good way).

im wondering if i just got a shity part at advanced and i should go with an OEM differential pressure sensor or what.

anyone have any insight?

oh yeah, truck is a 2000 ford ranger with the craptastic 3.0l v6
    "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

did you clean out the openings on the pipes the egr connects to? did you thoroughly clean the gasket off?
    1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
    2001 wj tbd
    1974 5 ton

Comment

It is possible you got a bad part. Try checking for plugged or damaged vacuum lines.
      2000 XJ with goodies soon to be in pieces
      1999 XJ will get most of the 2000XJ doodads.

Comment

i replaced the gasket, ill check the lines... what would they get clogged with?
        "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

To be honest Im not sure. I saw a clogged line cause a guy to loose his shirt on a truck.
          2000 XJ with goodies soon to be in pieces
          1999 XJ will get most of the 2000XJ doodads.

Comment

Originally posted by grundlepunch View Post
            i replaced the gasket, ill check the lines... what would they get clogged with?
            carbon... run a coat hanger down them
            Originally posted by Fast Orange
            if you piss all over the floor and get 3 drops in the bowl do you count that as good? granted i'm good for a sprinkle or two on the seat, but you leave all of our feet wet, metaphorically speaking of course
            Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
            I find adam sandler strangely attractive, it must be josh's fault. god that kid sucks

Comment

Originally posted by ruecifur View Post
              carbon... run a coat hanger down them
              x2
              1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
              2001 wj tbd
              1974 5 ton

Comment

Working...
              X