No announcement yet.

Ford 8.8 Fab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to telling me that id need to go a 44 becuase theres no point in building the dana 30?? and I even said i was only planning on 33's for a while.. lol

Comment

I would have to regear the front though right?
      95 Yj 4.0, Flowmaster 40 series exhaust, Blue Hids and Yellow Fog Lights, K&N air filter, 2" Boomarang shackles, and sway bar and track bar removal.

Comment

What I was saying is if you are going to truss it and throw alloys in it shit like that I dont think it would be worth it. You said you wanted to do 35s btw....
        -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

not if you tried to locate a 8.8 with the correct gear ratio which isnt really that hard to do... but i agree if your staying 33's or less the dana 30 will be fine especially if its high pinion just get the 297 shafts so hyou can run 760's if your doing 35's or bigger or have those in plans for the near future id just do the waggy 44 tho

Comment

Ok even if i said 35's you just said keep the 30 for 35's before you were like OMGOMG do a 44 a LP 44 isnt much stronger than a HP30...

Comment

Manly because it is stronger. 30 spline shafts, no unit bearings, thinker axle tubes, stronger ring gear, etc...
              -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

http://longisland.craigslist.org/pts/1163499963.html It has 3.08 gears http://hartford.craigslist.org/pts/1143971619.html this one is cheep but doesnt have the right gear set
                95 Yj 4.0, Flowmaster 40 series exhaust, Blue Hids and Yellow Fog Lights, K&N air filter, 2" Boomarang shackles, and sway bar and track bar removal.

Comment

I have 3.07 in my jeep

Comment

if you are attempting this on your own i wouldn't do it. (i dont know you but based on your previous posts)

just wheel it like you have it for a while. work on it when stuff breaks/needs it and go from there.

it seems a lot of people (on here lately) worry about upgrading so much they forget the core aspects of wheeling/learning your vehicle and learning how to work on it.
                    "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

they still have the same outers and u joints... only the inner shaft is stronger..... thats it. the tube issue can be fixed with a truss no prob.... and the gear set if it LP is basically same strength as a HP 30 cuz in the front on LP your driving on the coasting side... if its HP your on the driving side of the teeth making it stronger

Comment

you only want to get explorer 8.8's theyre the only real ones worth it.... and if you get one with 3.55's you can find a 30 wiht 3.55's really easy.. if ya were smart youd find an explorer 8.8 wiht discs and 4.10's and get a yj 30 with 4.10s and then your set gear wise for 33's or 35s and its cheap

Comment

I know grundlepunch punch but i want a stronger more reliable axle so i can have 33's with no problems

Comment

Originally posted by XJtheXtremeJeep View Post
                            they still have the same outers and u joints... only the inner shaft is stronger..... thats it.
                            no. hold them side by side and tell me what one is bigger. i have and its a 44

44's are stronger period. and dont give me that hp 30 bullshit. i'll take my LP44 4:46 r&p over a HPd30 4:56 R&P all day
                            "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Originally posted by 95jeepYJ View Post
                              I know grundlepunch punch but i want a stronger more reliable axle so i can have 33's with no problems
                              keep spare shafts in your jeep and see how many you break
                              b4 you upgrade. this will give you time and experience wheeling/wrenching

Comment

I agree with Dana if you dont have the need to do it yet dont do it.. learn how to do the work and everything and when your dana 35 breaks and your sick of fixing it step up and do the axle

Comment

Working...
                                X