rear on its way out..need opinions..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear on its way out..need opinions..

alright spoke with a couple mechanics and had one take a ride with me and they all think my rear end is on its way out..he feels its a pinion bearing or one of the bearings are shot causing the vibes im getting..

i dont know what my future plans for this Jeep are but im kind of stuck here are my options..

1. regear the 30/35 combo to either 4.11 or 4.56 ( i feel the way i wheel the combo could probably handle 32's maybe 33's )

2. find a 44a and put it in then regear both axles (44a only came with 3.73's and im running 3.55's now)

3. find a junkyard 35 with 3.55's in it already and hope that its ok

basically all these options arent cheap and money is tight right now..my 31s are brand new still and i dont have any plans for bigger tires anytime soon..this is why i may lean towards running 4.11s in the 30/35 combo...

then again that might be a waste of money in itsellf..watchu fellas thank
    -Jason
    99WJ 4.0
    IRO 3", SYE, D30 aussie/8.8 aussie, 4.10s, 33's, skids/bumpers

Dont throw money into a d35. My mj has a bad axle bearing, pinion bearing, axle seal, and rear brakes are non existent. I still drive it until I can throw the 8.25 in. Drive it and save for a good upgrade.

Comment

Do a JK 44. or do the 44a.
      -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

yea i also think 44a is my best bet..bolt in and i can use my brakes off the D35 they are the same on both axles in the WJs...the rear shaft may have to be shortened a bit if anything..

now another question, how will 4:56 be on 31's for awhile..i know ill be kicking myself if i go with 4.11 and go to 33's
        -Jason
        99WJ 4.0

Comment

4.56 and 31s will not be fun.

Comment

Just do 4.56 you will like it in the end.
            -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

yea do 4.56's. it'll be fast as all hell around town on 31's but watever. highway may suck. but that way when you go to 33's you won't be pissed that you wanna regear again.
              No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
              Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

i agree just go up to 4.56 right off the bat... itll suck till you need new tires but you wont be pissed aobut the gears later...

Comment

im just thinking, for the amount id go wheelin is 4:56 worth it...
                  -Jason
                  99WJ 4.0

Comment

stfu and wait til im home to look at your jeep

Comment

i have a d44a i can sell yeah
                      "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

if i recall yours was out of a zj correct..

if it was out of a WJ id be at your casa tomorrow
                        -Jason
                        99WJ 4.0

Comment

oh yeah, i forgot, my bad! lol
                          "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

found a couple of 44a's in Yonkers which is alittle over an hour from me..guy wants 250$ and theres one out of an 04 w/ 44k on it which doesnt matter the internals are getting new gears but he said its in good shape not bent or anything plus their guaranteed anyway...
                            -Jason
                            99WJ 4.0

Comment

Originally posted by lakailimited06 View Post
                              found a couple of 44a's in Yonkers which is alittle over an hour from me..guy wants 250$ and theres one out of an 04 w/ 44k on it which doesnt matter the internals are getting new gears but he said its in good shape not bent or anything plus their guaranteed anyway...
                              i'd go for it, the 44a isn't a bad axle as long as you address the weak points

Comment

Working...
                              X