Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T-Case Leaking ATF, and driveline vibes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry man! I didn't mean to exclude you. OP edited.
    Shane "The Bag" Carlson

2.5L TJ, 5-speed, frankenlift, and stuff.
    My "Bucket" Build
    MilitaryJeepers.com
    ‚——P--;===±--= <-
    !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Comment

Originally posted by bucketokarma View Post
      Sorry man! I didn't mean to exclude you. OP edited.
      -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by CumminsJeep View Post
        this stuff

what did you use to seal it when you put the SYE in?
        that is the stuff when i worked at aamco and did transfer cases they would leak with silicone. then the head builder gave me this to try and it would never leak. this stuff it cool you can leave it on the surface for days and it will not harden. it only seals when compressed between two surfaces. permatex number 51531
        1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
        2001 wj tbd
        1974 5 ton

Comment

i used RTV on mine and it has never leaked so i figured that should have been fine. We cleaned it up really well so not sure why it would leak. I believe zachs t-case leaked after we did his SYE and used RTV also though.
          99 xj, 3" RC, 35" BFG AT red labels, custom rear bumper, SYE, armor, Hellas, waggy 44's fr+rr, 5.13's ,lunchbox lockers fr+rr, rear disk conversion,rock crusher covers frt+rr, beefy homemade 1 ton highsteer setup

Comment

I like this stuff:

Its like 14 bucks for a little cheeze whiz looking can, but it never leaks and sets up in 1 minute. My doubler leaked the first 2 times I put it together with mopar black rtv, used "the right stuff" and no more leaks
            Originally posted by Fast Orange
            if you piss all over the floor and get 3 drops in the bowl do you count that as good? granted i'm good for a sprinkle or two on the seat, but you leave all of our feet wet, metaphorically speaking of course
            Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
            I find adam sandler strangely attractive, it must be josh's fault. god that kid sucks

Comment

Working...
            X