spacers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justtorchit View Post
    You have the Dual piston ford calipers im guessing correct???

think of switching to a chevy single piston???
    I thought about it, but i don't think i'm going to bother considering i have to run chevy knuckles/hubs/etc. After my iroks wear out i'm going to pick up a set of 16.5/17" wheels and it won't be a problem. I figured if i can keep the 3/4 ton brakes i would be better off. Just a little grinding of the calipers and i'm set.
    Last edited by Even; 04-22-2009, 10:28 PM.

Comment

from my knowledge of browsing the webz...
      2 inch backspacing will clear the calipers with little to no grinding. im curious about how much would need to be shaved off those calipers, without making them too weak....

let me know how ya make out cuz im in the same predicament.
      Originally posted by Ktmracer419
      some people choose video games
      some choose projects
      some choose welding random things together

Comment

Originally posted by justtorchit View Post
        from my knowledge of browsing the webz...
        2 inch backspacing will clear the calipers with little to no grinding. im curious about how much would need to be shaved off those calipers, without making them too weak....

let me know how ya make out cuz im in the same predicament.
        Yea i gotta do a little bit more research before i go grinding away. I mocked up my wheels when i had the axle sitting on jackstands. I got 2.75" backspace and they hit the calipers, but not terribly if i remember correctly. When i do it, i'll post up in my build thread what the procedure was.

Comment

I searched around pirate for a little while. From what i came up with, you can run the Dana 44 rotors, calipers and 3/8" plate brackets, with a 15"/2.75 backspace wheel and clear them fine with barely any grinding (mostly smoothing the old rusty caliper surface off). Sounds like good news for me.

The Dana 60 brakes stick out farther, and require a hell of a lot more grinding to run a 15" wheel.

Comment

sell me your irocks and buy bigger rims
            Originally posted by Fast Orange
            if you piss all over the floor and get 3 drops in the bowl do you count that as good? granted i'm good for a sprinkle or two on the seat, but you leave all of our feet wet, metaphorically speaking of course
            Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
            I find adam sandler strangely attractive, it must be josh's fault. god that kid sucks

Comment

Originally posted by ruecifur View Post
              sell me your irocks and buy bigger rims
              maybe i would have if you spelled IROK correctly

for some reason everyone butchers that word, i see someone call them irock or iroc at least twice a day

Comment

seriously i hate these words that they fuck up the spelling on just to be cool. It sounds like Irock, it should be IROCK... its not Xtreme, its fucking extreme. And people seriously ask me how to spell my daughter's name. Is it Ryane? Rianne? No fucktoid, its RYAN. Ok enough rant. If you don't want to sell them to me for my misspelling of the word, thats cool... I'll take them for free
                if you piss all over the floor and get 3 drops in the bowl do you count that as good? granted i'm good for a sprinkle or two on the seat, but you leave all of our feet wet, metaphorically speaking of course
                I find adam sandler strangely attractive, it must be josh's fault. god that kid sucks

Comment

I WANNA ROCK

ROCK!
                  www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by ruecifur View Post
                    seriously i hate these words that they fuck up the spelling on just to be cool. It sounds like Irock, it should be IROCK... its not Xtreme, its fucking extreme. And people seriously ask me how to spell my daughter's name. Is it Ryane? Rianne? No fucktoid, its RYAN. Ok enough rant. If you don't want to sell them to me for my misspelling of the word, thats cool... I'll take them for free

Comment

Originally posted by fullwidthxj191 View Post
                      maybe i would have if you spelled IROK correctly

for some reason everyone butchers that word, i see someone call them irock or iroc at least twice a day
                      at least you dont get people asking what year CUMMINGS you have or does your CUMMINGS have anything done to it

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Originally posted by CumminsJeep View Post
                        at least you dont get people asking what year CUMMINGS you have or does your CUMMINGS have anything done to it
                        Rather be cummin than strokin

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
                          I WANNA ROCK

ROCK!
                          You bastard! Now I'm going to have that old song stuck in my head for the next hour!

Comment

Ain't nothing wrong with that
                            1998 XJ.....Finally.
                            1997 ZJ 4.0L....The wife's ride.

...And I'm a Mac

Comment

those big ford brakes are so nice though. My friend has em on his ranger, that thing stops on a dime.
                              1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                              1999 sierra
                              1967 M725 Big and Slow
                              -Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X