spacers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spacers

I'm getting the itch to go as wide as i can on the jeep. I'm at 2.75" backspace right now and i still am going to have to grind down the calipers to fit 15" wheels. What do you guys think about going to so 8 lug spacers to be wIIIIIIIIde? What would be the ill effects?

i think you should build your jeep first
    www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
      x2. stop buying and just wheel. how wide are your axles right now?

Comment

spacers or ridiculously low backspacing on the front put added stress on the ball joints and wheel bearings and when you turn your wheelbase will change per side.

spacers or ridiculously low backspacing on the rear will put added stress on wheel bearings and significantly reduce your turning radius.

if i had wide-ass 8 lug axles i would run h1's.

I used to be hella wide on the boggers, but saw the light. brought it in a couple inches and i'm happier.

The stability is nice, but the larger turning radius and getting owned by the short wheelbase rigs in rcrocs because you cant physically fit in the course is not.

Comment

wider is better but there is such a thing as too much of a good thing.

Comment

seriously

your axles are already almost 70" wide and you have low backspacing, and want to add fuckin spacers?

lower it more if you is ascurred of rollin sidewayz

Comment

i think you should know what your doing first.

15" rim why?

spacers on a full width why?

ich to run wider... have you even wheeled the jeep with full widths on it?

and (not being a dick but..) is this your first jeep build?
              "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

the jeep is on jackstands in the driveway being built, buying spacers would have no effect on the build

Originally posted by crosbike View Post
                x2. stop buying and just wheel. how wide are your axles right now?
                About 67", i can't wheel if there are still things i need to get to be wheelable

spacers or ridiculously low backspacing on the front put added stress on the ball joints and wheel bearings and when you turn your wheelbase will change per side.

spacers or ridiculously low backspacing on the rear will put added stress on wheel bearings and significantly reduce your turning radius.

if i had wide-ass 8 lug axles i would run h1's.

I used to be hella wide on the boggers, but saw the light. brought it in a couple inches and i'm happier.

The stability is nice, but the larger turning radius and getting owned by the short wheelbase rigs in rcrocs because you cant physically fit in the course is not.
                thats the info i was looking for, looks like spacers are a no-no

seriously

your axles are already almost 70" wide and you have low backspacing, and want to add fuckin spacers?

lower it more if you is ascurred of rollin sidewayz
                I'm not neccessarily scared of rolling, i just didn't know how bad the ill effects would be if i were to add spacers, now i know not to bother. I have to grind my calipers down to fit my 15" wheels and the spacer idea came to my head.

Comment

Originally posted by grundlepunch View Post
                  i think you should know what your doing first.

15" rim why?

spacers on a full width why?

ich to run wider... have you even wheeled the jeep with full widths on it?

and (not being a dick but..) is this your first jeep build?
                  Yes this is my first jeep build, it was a question, idk why everyone is flipping out like i already ordered the fucking spacers.

15 inch rims because i already had bought my iroks, i don't feel like taking a loss on tires that i like.

Comment

not flipping out. just asking why your doing things the way your doing them.

juan tawns for a first build is a steep learning curve.
                    "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Originally posted by grundlepunch View Post
                      not flipping out. just asking why your doing things the way your doing them.

juan tawns for a first build is a steep learning curve.
                      yea it makes for an interesting build, but i've learned more about jeeps in the couple months of the build than anything

i just know i wouldn't be happy building a 30/44 bolt in combo on 33's or 35's

Comment

Originally posted by fullwidthxj191 View Post
                        i just know i wouldn't be happy building a 30/44 bolt in combo on 33's or 35's
                        - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                        or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                        Originally posted by DizzDizz
                        aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                          it works for some people

Comment

Originally posted by fullwidthxj191 View Post
                            it works for some people
                            you are gonna poke your eye out

Comment

You have the Dual piston ford calipers im guessing correct???

think of switching to a chevy single piston???
                              Originally posted by Ktmracer419
                              some people choose video games
                              some choose projects
                              some choose welding random things together

Comment

Working...
                              X