New to ZJ's Q's about lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rough country says online that there lift kit will not work with AWD zj's

why would they say that?, is there some difference i dont know about?

ill be putting an np242 in when i do the lift anyways

Comment

should i go with an iron rock offroad kit instead, do i need an adjustable track bar?

Comment

Originally posted by StompJrKz400 View Post
        rough country says online that there lift kit will not work with AWD zj's

why would they say that?, is there some difference i dont know about?

ill be putting an np242 in when i do the lift anyways

Not sure how it is on zjs, but they say they don't work on a wj was because the front driveshaft is a cv style and doesn't like the new angles. Thr rough country lif gives you control arms. Do that.

You'll probably need a new driveshaft with the 242. Hux, confirm.
        Last edited by Pedro; 05-25-2014, 09:01 PM.
        P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
        2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
        OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Okay jeep forum raves about the IRO kit compared to RC, but i didnt notice that it didnt have lower control arms. I did like the idea of the new track bar tho.

242 is a bit longer than 249 i heard from another memeber, i figured with the lift that i would be able to use the slip yoke setup for awhile.

This things so much more complicated then my yj build haha

I picked up these last night too, someone bought them & used for a week, then complained about too much road noise, 400$ for set

Comment

I meant front driveshaft
            P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
            2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
            OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Originally posted by StompJrKz400 View Post
              Okay jeep forum raves about the IRO kit compared to RC, but i didnt notice that it didnt have lower control arms. I did like the idea of the new track bar tho.
              I personally really like my Iro bar. It's worked well for me my only complaint as of yet is it does not have a hiem or cartilage joint.

Luke95
              OER The bad judgment Olympics.

Lowlife 35x12.5s on 3 inches of lift.
              General Tires are

Comment

Working...
              X