Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Complete Offroad Dana 30 cro mo shafts...anyone use them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complete Offroad Dana 30 cro mo shafts...anyone use them?

Anyone ever use these or know what brand they are? looking to make some improvements and want to know if Yukon is worth the extra $100 doll hairs. I really want to know for warranty reasons when comparing the two brands. Thanks ya'll

Edit: Also found a kit from Alloy USA through ECGS for cheap...reviews please
    Last edited by CumminsJeep; 05-20-2014, 08:41 PM.

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Fella from Colorado showed up and started making so called "improvements" right?
    I drive a Datsun

Comment

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
      Fella from Colorado showed up and started making so called "improvements" right?
      Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
      didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
      Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
      he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
      Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
      i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

Pretty sure Dan can beat both of those prices for Nitro shafts and Spicer joints.
        97 XJ.

Comment

pretty sure the complete offroad kit is the USA standard kit.
          which when you get the package will have yukon shafts and wrapping inside.

Oh and if you want them for even cheaper/ quicker....
          check out rockauto and use a discount code
          you can even get them with yukon super joints on rock auto

Originally posted by Ktmracer419
          some people choose video games
          some choose projects
          some choose welding random things together

Comment

Originally posted by justtorchit View Post
            pretty sure the complete offroad kit is the USA standard kit.
            which when you get the package will have yukon shafts and wrapping inside.

Oh and if you want them for even cheaper/ quicker....
            check out rockauto and use a discount code
            you can even get them with yukon super joints on rock auto

winner....thanks, Andy. are superjoints worth it? I have had nothing but good luck so far with Spicer 760s so im skeptical to change lol
            Last edited by CumminsJeep; 05-21-2014, 08:27 PM.

Comment

I'm running the spicer 760s right now. I haven't been very nice to them, and they are still kicking after 6 months of abuse. I'm going to replace them for the hell of it before the next big trip I do just to be safe.

I am going to get the kit with the super joints to try out, because I need spares anyways(I have the 30 spline kit so stocker don't work and it's to good of a deal to pass up)

My only worry with the super joints is that with the amount of driving I do, I am worried they will wear out fast.
              Last edited by justtorchit; 05-21-2014, 09:12 PM.
              some choose projects

Comment

Oh and keep that on the down low before they start jackig the prices up =)
                some choose projects

Comment

Yukon super joints are supposed to be pretty legit. I know many people that ran them in 60's in place of ctm's and never had a problem. Best thing is that the brass bushing can be replaced when they wear out, unlike a joint with needle bearings and I'm pretty sure they have a life time warranty
                  Last edited by Zullock Holmes; 05-21-2014, 11:01 PM.
                  No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                  Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Originally posted by justtorchit View Post
                    I'm running the spicer 760s right now. I haven't been very nice to them, and they are still kicking after 6 months of abuse. I'm going to replace them for the hell of it before the next big trip I do just to be safe.

I am going to get the kit with the super joints to try out, because I need spares anyways(I have the 30 spline kit so stocker don't work and it's to good of a deal to pass up)

My only worry with the super joints is that with the amount of driving I do, I am worried they will wear out fast.
                    Originally posted by Zullock Holmes View Post
                    Yukon super joints are supposed to be pretty legit. I know many people that ran them in 60's in place of ctm's and never had a problem. Best thing is that the brass bushing can be replaced when they wear out, unlike a joint with needle bearings and I'm pretty sure they have a life time warranty

I'm sure they are as strong as Dizzy's desire to watch Brokeback Mountain on repeat.... but I just heard they wear our fast. I'll prob just run 760s. If I break a 760 I'm out 22 bucks. If I break a superjoint (Which I doubt I will), Im out 180 bucks

Comment

Working...
                    X