NP242 2000 Cherokee noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NP242 2000 Cherokee noise

Only in 4 low under load, the case will just ratchet it sounds like, tires dont turn. Put it in 4hi (part time or full) and put it under as much power as you want, crawling, driving, whatever, and it never happens. The Jeep has no hack n tap or SYE otherwise, it has a 1" Tcase drop, and stock driveshafts front and rear. 3" lift.

What would cause this? I would assume stretched chain but it doesnt ever do anything else relating to that (no noise of it sagging on the case and dragging, no skipping at all under load in 4 hi, so on.) It has never been wheeled hard or thrashed..it was bone stock 2 years ago and has only seen light trail use on thin 32s since.
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

Sounds like a linkage issue maybe. Mine wouldnt go all the way into low sometimes and that would happen. Every other selection was fine. Try popping the linkage off and manually shift it from underneath just to double check
    I drive a Datsun

Comment

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
      Sounds like a linkage issue maybe. Mine wouldnt go all the way into low sometimes and that would happen. Every other selection was fine. Try popping the linkage off and manually shift it from underneath just to double check
      Good suggestion, hadn't considered that. Tcase drop may have caused it but it caught me off guard not happening right away when we did it. That will be what I check first thanks Alex
      - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
      or am asians pants not a read end lol.
      Originally posted by DizzDizz
      aliens probed my husband

Comment

x2 sounds like a link issue.
        Also if there is any flex in the drive train when it is under load, the link my want to pull it out of gear.
        RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
        www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
        Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

Working...
        X