Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any VW guys out there? i need some help with my DD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any VW guys out there? i need some help with my DD!

I have a 01' VW golf 1.8t with 80,000 on the clock but I don't know much about VW's....I've been a jeep guy and still own one and those jeep inline 4 cly engines are SOOO basic compared to my VW
    The car is a hard start at times, the idle drops down then bumps up, sluggish when i hit the gas. It even shut off on me while driving more than once and the CEL light would blink.
    I have a bunch of CEL codes:

P0300 Random multiple misfire
    P0301 cyl 1misfire
    P0303 cyl 3 misfire
    P0304 cyl 4 misfire
    P0302 cyl 2 misfire
    P0011 Intake (A) Camshaft position timing-over-advanced (bank 1)
    P0102 mod $10 mass ore volume flow A circuit low input
    P0237 Turbo charger or boost sensor A circuit low
    P0012 intake (A) camshaft position timing-over-retarded (bank 1)
    P0341 MOD $10 camshaft position sensor A circuit range/performance B1
    P0106 MOD $10 manifold absolute pressure barometric pressure sensor range/performance
    P2138 MOD $10 throttle/pedal position sensor/switch D/E voltage correlation

I changed the spark plugs, all 4 coil packs and the camshaft position sensor. I've read on a VW forum that I might need to change the Crankcase breather valve(whatever that is). I'm trying to avoid changing the timing belt because who has $700-$1000 to spend on that?? If anyone is in the southern CT area and would be be willing to take a look, it would be awesome

Any help would be much appreciated!

anyone??

Comment

Paging Dannyc

Sent from my pay phone in Chechnya
      2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
      MK2 Jetta > M3
      Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

has the timing belt been replaced on it yet? 80k is usually the change point on them, if not for miles at least in age i think it's due. i don't know anything about the VWs with spark plugs, have you tried VW-Vortex yet?

Comment

Originally posted by sardo_67 View Post
          has the timing belt been replaced on it yet? 80k is usually the change point on them, if not for miles at least in age i think it's due. i don't know anything about the VWs with spark plugs, have you tried VW-Vortex yet?
          i put up a post in vw-vortex a little over a week ago and only one reply saying if the timing belt hasn't been done then do it now. No other advice though and I was hoping for a cheaper fix

Comment

I'd hate to see you throw parts at it, I had a friend with similar codes. Gosh I'm trying to remember now. And I think I did the crank sensor which was behind the timing belt. But I remember it was a Jett's and there were two different locations of the sensor depending on the build date. But it would have rough starts, hard hot starts, misfire codes, ran like dog poop.

Comment

just a little update in case someone else might be having the same issues

the car has been sitting for about 5 days with the occasional start. i cleared the codes today, started right up and dove it for about 25min on and off the highway with no issues...hope it stays that way

Comment

Working...
              X