Battery Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Life

How often do you replace the battery on your vehicles? I had a Optima Yellow Top that lasted me about 1 1/2 years and then I got a Deka HD battery after that went bad which seems to also have shit the bed. Am I doing something wrong here? I don't have anything out of the ordinary as far as auxilary stuff. I just have a radar detector, a 10in sub and a set of Hella 500s. Could they be putting that kind of drain on the battery?

should last much much longer than that.

Comment

Originally posted by DrThunder View Post
      should last much much longer than that.
      x2.... I'm going on year 4 with my Advance Auto Special battery.... and it lived through a dieing alternator and massive electrical failure/ cross wiring/shorts

Comment

I have a Deka 70 and its been in the Jeep since a week after I bought it, so its been 3+ years. It took me 1.5 hours on the highway at night with a dead alternator, and fired right up first try when I replaced the alt. Maybe your alt is going out, get it load checked.

Comment

The alt was checked and its is fine. The yellow top just crapped out on my for no reason but that was almost 2 years ago and the Deka a maybe 2 years ago. Maybe I'll have them load check the alt again

Comment

do you have theb attery tied down?

shouldnt effect the optimas much, but if a conventional battery vibrates or bounces around that kills it
            www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Yeah, there's a factory tie down in there so it shouldn't be moving that much

Comment

try charging the optima in parallel with another battery. sometimes it brings them back. Hook up the charger to a good battery, then hook jumper cables from the good battery to the optima. then charge it. worth a try
                Originally posted by Fast Orange
                if you piss all over the floor and get 3 drops in the bowl do you count that as good? granted i'm good for a sprinkle or two on the seat, but you leave all of our feet wet, metaphorically speaking of course
                Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
                I find adam sandler strangely attractive, it must be josh's fault. god that kid sucks

Comment

Originally posted by ruecifur View Post
                  try charging the optima in parallel with another battery. sometimes it brings them back. Hook up the charger to a good battery, then hook jumper cables from the good battery to the optima. then charge it. worth a try
                  what does that do?

Comment

gel batteries have like no internal resistance so your supposed to charge them connected to another battery.

I'm sure you can look up the best charging techniques online.
                    It was also on Xtreme4X4.
                    RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
                    www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
                    Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

I went through a whole battery dilemma a few months back. I ended up buying a Napa Legend 75. If it is dead in 1.5 years, they replace it for free.

Also another battery comment. I was looking at the battery in my VW the other day. It is a Sears Diehard from 1999 that came in the car when I bought it in 05. Still starts reliably. I know a car battery vs jeep battery is like apples to oranges but the car has a lumpy cam and poly motor mounts... Still gets its fair share of vibes
                      1950 Willys Trail Rig
                      2007.5 Dodge 2500 QCSB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 4x4

Comment

Working...
                      X