Here we fucking go again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here we fucking go again

Jeep will not start, has started fine for a year now, the starter is essentially Brand new all things considered. drove fine to PA and back last weekend, drove it to and from work yesterday, got in today

turned the key

Nothing. doesnt crank, doesnt do anything, battery just comes on.

Its NOT the NSS, the NSS is brand new, and i know what an NSS is like. im normally pretty good with no-start shit, but this one just doesnt make any sense to me.
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

jiggle the key around in the ignition, are all of your interior electronics working? I had a few funny times where the jeep wouldn't even turn over for me because the ignition switch was being whacky. I just ended up jiggling and rolling around the key in there until everything came on and I could turn it over.

Comment

just went out to try it again, now i have absolutely no battery power, nothing. you turn the key and its no different than when the jeeps off, no clicks, no lights, no beeps, nada.

wow...this time arounds a doozy.
      - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

could be one of the battery cables. check all the grounds, connections at the battery, connection at the starter etc.
        I drive a Datsun

Comment

maybe worth a note, the first time i was trying, when i first turned the key and you know the car will beep a few times when on accessory? well the first beep or 2 were stuttering for a bit, and ive never heard that before, but it was normal after for the next couple
          - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

i only have reason to believe this because my wrx had a loose cable and it used to just die at random and give me no power.

also the new xj when i first got it would not start one morning. it had power but no starter whatsoever like yours previously. turns out the connections on the starter were all covered in crap so i cleaned them and its worked great since. it is possible one of the grounds is having this issue giving you no power, just try cleaning everything it doesn't take much time
            I drive a Datsun

Comment

sounds like a ground to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
                i only have reason to believe this because my wrx had a loose cable and it used to just die at random and give me no power.

also the new xj when i first got it would not start one morning. it had power but no starter whatsoever like yours previously. turns out the connections on the starter were all covered in crap so i cleaned them and its worked great since. it is possible one of the grounds is having this issue giving you no power, just try cleaning everything it doesn't take much time
                x2, clean all of your battery terminals and all that jazz
                P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

terminals are as clean as can be, where are all the grounds at? the one on the body right there is fine

how can i go from battery power turning they key 5 separate times, to no battery power at all no mater what, 4 mins later without altering anything?
                  - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                    terminals are as clean as can be, where are all the grounds at? the one on the body right there is fine

how can i go from battery power turning they key 5 separate times, to no battery power at all no mater what, 4 mins later without altering anything?
                    that sounds like a short somewhere thats draining the battery like no ones business.
                    No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                    Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

trace your ground wires. find all of them and clean them up. do you have a multimeter? if so, check the voltage in the battery and see what is going on there.

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

this is a good time to bring up the craziest thing i've seen happen. we used to have to jumpstart my buddies blazer like every other day. one day no matter what we did we couldn't get it to start..... come to find out, we reversed the polarity on the battery. the sears people said yeaaa it happens when the battery completely dies and has to get jumped alot.

sorry for stealing the thread with that story. good luck on the hunt to find the problem though
                        No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                        Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

mine does the same thing
                          4x4 Station Wagon...

Comment

i have a crazy ass drain on this battery somewhere, how could this just happen overnight with no input/alteration otherwise?

i was just barely able to get it started with jumper cables on our ZJ

i dont have a multimeter unfortunatly
                            - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

i still think its a ground haha

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Working...
                              X