No announcement yet.

Here we fucking go again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one time when i had the covers on my aux lights.... i left them on. battery dead was in an hour and and a half

yea i think its either a ground or a short somewhere.
    No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
    Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

hmmmm..... the battery could be fried too. take the battery out and take it to advance or something and have them load test it

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Even instead of above, don't you just have a different battery, I mean, Christ, you're William D Gentile. The D stands for Diamonds. Anyhoo, odds of there being a drain on the battery that would kill it right after a jump is just plain ridiculous, and even im willing to say that.

My post was no help whatsoever, but thanks for making me feel special in the tech section. Good luck.
        Oh, and I am going with The Starter AND a dead battery, because its ALWAYS the starter.
        Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Riot View Post
          Even instead of above, don't you just have a different battery, I mean, Christ, you're William D Gentile. The D stands for Diamonds. Anyhoo, odds of there being a drain on the battery that would kill it right after a jump is just plain ridiculous, and even im willing to say that.

My post was no help whatsoever, but thanks for making me feel special in the tech section. Good luck.
          Oh, and I am going with The Starter AND a dead battery, because its ALWAYS the starter.
          it is Not the starter. the starter is not effecting this.

i left the jeep running for a min and came inside, then i went back out 2 mins later and it was idling like shit, almost dieing, rough, so on. i turned it off and had to leave for work
          - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
          or am asians pants not a read end lol.
          Originally posted by DizzDizz
          aliens probed my husband

Comment

I mean, obviously i'm not expert but, why can't that be a bad battery?

Comment

where did i say it couldnt?
              - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

just trying to learn..

Comment

I ate so much ice cream I think I'm going to pass out. But! One day I was driving the sierra, and it started up a little slow. I ignored it and just drove to where I was going. 5 minutes later I tried to start it, absolutely nothing. I thought my alternator was fucked, but I threw in a new battery, and I was good to go.
                  1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                  1999 sierra
                  1967 M725 Big and Slow
                  -Dan

Comment

My jeep was experiencing the same symptoms a week or two ago. Ran to autism zone for a new battery and started right up.

My bet is the battery is fuct.

Comment

how are the connections to your starter and solenoid. I've had similar problems when i had a bunch for crap and corrosion down there. Also a week ago my brothers jeep was doing the same thing and everything looked alright. So i went to take the terminals off the battery and his + post pulled out of the battery. Not sure how that happened.

If you need me to, not that you cant probably find them on the internet, but i can pull the wiring schematics and all the ground locations off of Alldata at school.
                      Jeep - every bump is a steering opportunity

Comment

Originally posted by wannabejeep View Post
                        I ate so much ice cream I think I'm going to pass out. But! One day I was driving the sierra, and it started up a little slow. I ignored it and just drove to where I was going. 5 minutes later I tried to start it, absolutely nothing. I thought my alternator was fucked, but I threw in a new battery, and I was good to go.
                        Originally posted by fullwidthxj191 View Post
                        My jeep was experiencing the same symptoms a week or two ago. Ran to autism zone for a new battery and started right up.

My bet is the battery is fuct.
                        thanks guys, i guess ill have to entertain this idea

Originally posted by blakdot View Post
                        how are the connections to your starter and solenoid. I've had similar problems when i had a bunch for crap and corrosion down there.

If you need me to, not that you cant probably find them on the internet, but i can pull the wiring schematics and all the ground locations off of Alldata at school.
                        all my terminals on the starter are minty fresh

ill let you know, thanks!
                        - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

You flashing codes or anything? "GEN" light? I'de swap the battery with you moms jeep or something first just to see if that works. If its idling like crap and your having battery issues I would assume your not drawing voltage from the batt.
                          I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                            thanks guys, i guess ill have to entertain this idea

all my terminals on the starter are minty fresh

ill let you know, thanks!
                            They may look minty fresh on the outside but just loosen them and wiggle em a little before you buy a new battery to make sure the inside of the terminal isn't corroded. Happened many times to me on the manche.

Comment

ill def try swappin the battery when i get a chance at this point....ive heard stories of optima bateries just randomly shitting the bed instantaneously ....ive had this one for prob like 3 years now, we'll see.

also corey, i did loosen em up a bit abnd give em the treatment, ive had too many starter issue in the past

either way the starters turnin, this seems to be battery related
                              - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

Hey Will, why dont you try switching the battery? I dont think it's been said yet

Comment

Working...
                                X