• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeep No Start

It's happened before just with different symptoms;

1. Power is fine and the started spins
    2. All fuses and relays have power
    3. No cluster movement when the ignition is switched on
    4. Check engine light does not turn on with other lights when ignition is switched on.
    5. I do not hear the fuel pump when the ignition is switched on.

I didn't try and pop start it or check for spark yet but last time this happened it was the crank positioning sensor, and the time before it was the switch in the column that went bad. The weird part about this instance is that the check engine light doesn't come on with the other lights in the gauge cluster.

I am at a loss right now. Any thoughts?

Did you replace that crank sensor with an OEM one or aftermarket?

I only buy genuine jeep engine management sensors. A lot of aftermarket sensors are hit and miss with a lot being miss right out of the box.
    Hudson

Build Thread - http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=121903

No Amount Of Money Is Worth Your Sanity.

Comment

What year is it? Check fused power at PCM if its OBDII it's probably the A22 pin on the C1 plug. Also check to make sure you have proper ground. Swap the ASD relay with the cooling fan relay.

I just went through this. I know everything about the electrical in the truck now.

Also find the BUS + and - and make sure you have 2.5volts with the key on. Also check that at the ALDL port.

Comment

It's a 99

Turned out being the ECU. We swapped the relays and checked voltage everywhere. Then swapped the ECU and it fired right up. My buddy had a programmer come in and check to make sure it wasn't just a ghost fix and it turned out the be the issue. Thanks for the help guys.

Comment

Working...
        X