F-250 Shock Recommendation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-250 Shock Recommendation?

Figured one of you might know more than me on this so i figured i might as well run it by you guys.

My dad has a 1997 Ford F-250 7.3. Every time he goes down a steep incline and the driver side tire gets most of the weight you hear a loud creaking noise.

I'm near positive it's the shock.

Anyways, does anyone have any recommendations on a shock for an f250? Should i buy him both shocks at once or just do the one that's bad?

Oh, and on a side related note. I have another question about my jeep.

It's about my T-Case. It's an NP242.

I thought that the reason the part time light remained on when in 2wd was because my linkage was messed up. I currently have no linkage (cut it out) and when i manually shift it into 4hi with an adjustable the full time light goes on. However, when i shift it back into 2wd the part time light remains on. What would cause this? I also couldn't shift into 4lo with the old linkage Should i be able to shift into 4lo with an adjustable wrench? Do i need to put the tranny in neutral? Either way the linkage is getting a rebuild. Hopefully something isn't messed up internally in the case.
    Hudson

Build Thread - http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=121903

No Amount Of Money Is Worth Your Sanity.

The f250 work truck i drive has ranchos, it drives like its on bricks, but i like a stiff ride

Comment

Do both shocks at once.

There are a ton of different options out there. Depends on what kind of ride you want and how much you want to pay. I would buy cheap, without buying to cheap

Comment

Bilstein 5100's. But i think they should be the bare minimum that go on anything. Probably run you like $300-ish from 4wheelparts or something.

You could throw OE replacements on there though, all just depends on what you want.
        No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
        Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Before you do shocks pop the hood and check the bolts that hold the fender on up by the cowl. Don't ask me why but they are usually loose and cause a lot of creaking. Got rid off all my noises.

Comment

Working...
          X