-00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
    https://www.facebook.com/M3TALurgist
    I Love Scott Decker and Erik Miller
    -Ian

"Blood makes you related, Loyalty makes you family"

Comment

Yes

Comment

bumping this post, it had nothing to do with temp, the jeep cranks fine ( new starter ) but takes about 1 minute of cranking to finally start, the check engine light comes on right as it begins to start, then shuts off, after it starts the jeep burbles for a few seconds, then runs PERFECT

im going to do normal ignition stuff today, cap and rotor, check wires, and check some vacuum stuff

Comment

Do you have access to a scanner with live data?
          If so check to see what the ecm is reading for coolant temp before you try and start it
          Dan.
          2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
          www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

its a 94

but yeah i had an obd2 key that hooks to my laptop to show live data

i just did the cap and rotor, no change, also, spraying starter fluid down the intake yields no results

im going to test the coil now, see if it shot

Comment

hmmmm, you need a spark tester. So you can see what its doing while its cranking, maybe the spark is weak, wouldnt make sense that just all of a sudden it gets spark and starts though.
              Dan.
              2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
              www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

yup, im waiting for my finace to get back so i have someone to turn the key, once shes here ill test spark and report back,

i have the coil off, i was thinking of trying a different coil, i think i have a few accel and msd coils kicking around

Comment

IAC cleanse?

Comment

ill go check/clean it while im out there,

Comment

Ok, pulled tb , cleaned iac, also cleaned whatever sensor is in the intake manifold, unplugged computer, sprayed wd40 on connector, bolted back in

Now the jeep starts great, but i will see how it starts in morning

Comment

Nvm, went out and started it cold, took 1 minute of cranking to finally begin firing

Comment

found this
                          Well I think I finally found the problem but still haven't gotten around to fixing it yet. The jeep is my DD in the winter when it's crappy out and I couldn't take the chance of not having it for a couple of days. What I found was my fuel pressure at the rail is at about 80psi when running. It should only be 35ish. I changed the regulator and that didn't do anything. Basically what is going on when I first try to start the jeep the cylinders get flooded with massive amounts of fuel and has a hard time firing. What I've got is a pinched return line somewhere right around where the lines enter the tank. The skid plate looks kinda rusty so I wasn't sure how many days it would take for me to drop the tank and everything to inspect. So I should hopefully be getting to it soon since spring offically started yesterday. I will keep you posted on my findings!

check all the fuel lines
                          Last edited by Pete; 01-19-2013, 03:44 PM.

Comment

for the hell of it use a hair dryer to warm up your ECU next time its cold. I have seen that problem before.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                              for the hell of it use a hair dryer to warm up your ECU next time its cold. I have seen that problem before.
                              This is it i believe , found out caps go bad imon ecm, 5 dollars at RadioShack to fix it, The jeep wont start until the CE comes on, then it fires perfect

Comment

Working...
                              X