Ford 8.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford 8.8

What is the difference between a 6cyl ford 8.8 with 4.10's and a 8cyl ford 8.8 with 4.10's?

Probably length, if you're talking from a different model source. Other then that I know the non-disc models usually were a lower spline count and obviously had dumb brakesb
    dirty30

Comment

what dillion said. find one out of a V8 with discs and 4.10s. It also will have an open carrier which makes it much easier to put a locker in it when you want to

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Thanks for the info

Comment

agreed, what's important is the spline count, brakes, and an open carrier with gear ratio you need. mine was a 2000 from i don't know what engine size. had discs 31 spline and an open 4:10. as far as i know engine size won't change as long as you're looking at EXPLORER axles. if you're looking at the 8.8 from a pickup or anything else then do some more research to be sure you get what you need.
          Hack Shack Racing #4632 Jeep TJ

Comment

Try searching therangerstation.com they have some good information there.
            RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
            www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
            Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

I read the rangers have different spline counts based off model and engine size. Also have seen that ALL explorers came with 31 spline shafts. I don't know how true that is.

Seems like one would just need to stay away from Ranger axles and you should end up with a 31 spline set up.

Comment

I would look for a 95 and up explorer axle. 31 spline and discs.

Comment

http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/Axles.html

Comment

Working...
                  X