window issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• window issue

The windows on the jeep I just got have been stuck down for some time. None of the windows work so im assuming it has something to do with the master switch. I plugged in a spare master switch I had and nothing. The power door lock switch on both doors only works to unlock the doors and not lock them. I tried to find the hot wire with no luck so I was thinking maybe there was no power to the switch but the unlock switch works! And where the fuck is the fuse for the windows????

NOBODY!?!?!

Comment

1. check ALL FUSES
      2. check door conectors
      3. do you hear clicking noise when you try to put them up
      4. are they in the window "trac"
      TeamRedNReckless

98 zj 4" 31's no fenders or doors -Retired-

4x4 Abbreviations

Comment

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/n...se-box-809040/

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4sKg18lTqw[/ame]
        1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
        1999 sierra
        1967 M725 Big and Slow
        -Dan

Comment

All fuses are good but still got getting power to the switch. I figured out that the door locks work as long as the key is NOT in the ignition. As soon as I put the key in the ignition and the chime goes off, I lose the ability to lock the doors. Weird. I was able to use a jumper and get the windows up at least, so im happy about that, but theres gotta be a short somewhere.

Comment

after taking half the dash out and dissecting the fuse panel I come to find out that the windows work if you turn the key back to accessory.

before i go an start changing parts, ignition switch? would that cause this?

Comment

Throw a rock through the window, you won't have a window any more, so you won't have any problems.
              sigpic
              Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

look in all of the rubber boots in the door jams pull the rubber back and expose the wires. I have had this problem numerous times in my WJ and each time there are about 4 broken wires.
                04 WJ, 6.5 inch lift on 35'' MTR/K, Clayton long arms,locked
                Jon

Comment

Working...
                X