Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bigbike View Post
    http://www.eaton.com/Eaton/ProductsS...ials/index.htm

Says right in here detroits do NOT require a break in period. Gears do. Im still going with its from the broken shafts.

And Ryan how does the way Sam wheels have anything to do with shit breaking, iI can see a few things like bending a housing but anything else... plus shit breaks when you wheel, you might of forgotin the while your Jeeps seats and interior where being painted
    Is that the best you can do? Seems I was making a rather sarcastic comment to SAM saying his jeep is a space shuttle and space shuttles break, go back to fingerbanging dizzys anus. Also you can talk all the shit you want, that shit came out fucking mint, and Im happy with it, just like you were with that giant fucking star you put on your old XJ
    Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
    didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
    Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
    he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
    Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
    i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

Originally posted by hippie metal View Post
      Is that the best you can do? Seems I was making a rather sarcastic comment to SAM saying his jeep is a space shuttle and space shuttles break, go back to fingerbanging dizzys anus. Also you can talk all the shit you want, that shit came out fucking mint, and Im happy with it, just like you were with that giant fucking star you put on your old XJ
      refuckinglaxdude. take a little ball busting before ya get angry.
      -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

honestly, I forgot the , at the end of that. Wasnt angry, just firing back

Comment

Pot, kettle, native of the continent of Africa.

Sent from my pay phone in Chechnya
          2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
          MK2 Jetta > M3
          Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

How do you break something in that while serving its main purpose, has no moving parts?
            I believe they break from shafts breaking because your doubling the force on one side of the locker aposed to splitting it between 2 wheels with traction, when one side has enough tension to break a shaft, and instantly let go, the force ont he other side has to be tremendous.
            Im no engineer, but thats my guess for what its worth, and x2 on what Zullo said.
            Dan.
            2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
            www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

Originally posted by hippie metal View Post
              Doesn't mean he drove it normal for the first thousand, could have slapped it in and then immediately went wheeling and it just so happened to last this long and judging by the "how do you break in a locker?" comment, im gonna guess he beat the fuck out of it from the beginning. Or there is the snap shaft, eat locker route that's been mentioned. Either way, Detroit's rarely fail. And Sam, honestly whatever you've broken is usually you're own fault and not actually from wheeling.. offroad NASA division over there
              by
              http://www.eaton.com/Eaton/ProductsS...ials/index.htm

Says right in here detroits do NOT require a break in period. Gears do. Im still going with its from the broken shafts.

And Ryan how does the way Sam wheels have anything to do with shit breaking, iI can see a few things like bending a housing but anything else... plus shit breaks when you wheel, you might of forgotin the while your Jeeps seats and interior where being painted
              -98 XJ 4.5" lift , 35's, trimmed, locked, geared, flexy
              -14 Subaru STI hatch Stage 2ish
              -54 Dodge Power wagon M-37
              -57 GMC Pickup
              -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

Originally posted by CntStpTheStnk06 View Post
                by

Comment

Calebs right /thread
                  Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

jon and i agree with dan, breaking shafts puts a ton of force on the locker it makes sense. current plan is putting the new detroit in with RCVs (not AEVS philthepilosopher) so that should be a much better situation.
                    Hack Shack Racing #4632 Jeep TJ

Comment

Originally posted by konastinky1234 View Post
                      jon and i agree with dan, breaking shafts puts a ton of force on the locker it makes sense. current plan is putting the new detroit in with RCVs (not AEVS philthepilosopher) so that should be a much better situation.
                      Nice, yeah time for the CV shafts to go. Im surprised they went this long honestly
                      Dan.
                      2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
                      www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

Originally posted by ct67_72 View Post
                        Nice, yeah time for the CV shafts to go. Im surprised they went this long honestly
                        My friend blew both CVs in the front of his ZJ the first time he took it in Devil's Den. He blew on right at the beginning, then blew the other just trying to turn around to get out.

He had u-joint shafts to swap in and had no problems beating on it the rest of the weekend. I'd say RCVs would do the trick.
                        97 XJ.

Comment

Working...
                        X