Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

doesnt start, needles on dash dont work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• doesnt start, needles on dash dont work?

haveing problems with my 98 cherokee. i was hooking up some lights when i touch a wire to i think i box under dash near the pedals, my dumba$$ had the wire connected to the battery. the inline fuse on the wire i was holding blew aswell. now my jeep wont start and the needs on the dash dont work. any suggestions? its a 4.0 aw4 if that helps. my radio works too. checked all fuses inside and under hood and they all check out fine
    Last edited by Dirtyjeep92; 08-01-2012, 04:07 PM.
    98 xj, 4.0, AW4, 231 AA SYE, 4.5"RE/RC, CA drop brackets, 33s, and some other stuff

a mechanic friend of mine used a test light and found out i have no spark or fuel pressure. he said maybe try the crank sensor. or maybe i fried the ECM?
    98 xj, 4.0, AW4, 231 AA SYE, 4.5"RE/RC, CA drop brackets, 33s, and some other stuff

Comment

bump

Comment

crank sensor checks out

Comment

probably blew the asd fuse, check it.
          95 xj JY 3" 35" truxus mt's

Comment

thats the relay under the hood correct? i tryed switching it with the others no luck

Comment

Fried ecm. thread closed.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtyjeep92 View Post
                Fried ecm. thread closed.
                need one to try/have.
                i have a couple laying around
                Originally posted by Ktmracer419
                some people choose video games
                some choose projects
                some choose welding random things together

Comment

fawk. Expensive lights ayy?
                  1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                  1999 sierra
                  1967 M725 Big and Slow
                  -Dan

Comment

Sounds like ECM, especially if you're getting nothing at fuel and spark levels.
                    dirty30

Comment

i got an ecm from a buddy of mine. along with ign coil and CPS. and BTW if no body knows this a 2000 ecm wont work on a 98 because in 2000 they changed from distributers to coils. i learned this from a good friend that worked at a jeep dealer ship

Comment

Working...
                      X